Sunday, September 21, 2008

Jamboree and Rainbows




Well, we have had some very long and stressful days this weekend. My day started off on Friday with a phone call from Todd that the people that are buying our house were coming by to bring a contractor to look at "repairs". My heart dropped because they had just had the inspection done, and I thought they were going to pull out of the deal. I felt nauseous all day. We heard nothing from them all weekend though so I guess we are all good with God's help anyway. I just need to get through Tuesday and then their due diligence period is over which is the only time they can pull out of the deal. We had to work the football game on Friday nite again till about midnight. We got home, and then we were up and going again first thing in the morning because Sarah had a band competition with 7 other high school marching bands that day called the Southern Marching Band Jamboree. Tift County hosted it so needless to say we were running around all day doing band parent stuff..... We were at the stadium until about 5:30 pm. The kids did great and had a blast. As you can see in the pictures, it is a pretty good size band. I couldn't even fit them all in the frame of my camera. Sarah is the 6th one in on the middle picture. I was upset all day Saturday still about the "repair" issue. Our real estate agent called us several times and told us no news was good news, but that still wasn't making me feel any better. After we got home from the jamboree, Todd and I headed out to the house we are buying to sign our contract. As we were heading out there, I was telling Todd how stressed I was still about the whole thing, and he told me to stay calm and that God was in control. What is meant to be is meant to be. No sooner does he say that and I look out the window of the car and there is a rainbow in the sky. I just started to cry. The funny thing about this is that ever since we started looking for houses, every single time we go out, I express how I hope we are making the right decision, how I hope God will lead us to the right house etc. Well, each time we have looked, there has been a small rainbow in the sky. No Lie! It has always been just a small little rainbow, but each time I tell Todd that God must be watching over us. As most of you know, in the bible, God sent a rainbow after Noah had left the ark to show his promise to us that he will never flood the earth again and that he was making a covenant that he will always be there for us, and he wouldn't forsake us. Well, when I looked in that sky and saw what I would say was a large rainbow, I knew that we were doing the right thing. I tried to take pictures with my camera on my cell phone, but not all of them came out very well, and you can't really see the size of the rainbow, but it was a big one. The rainbow was literally over the land we are purchasing. It was the most amazing thing. (I also teased Todd and said it was the luck of the Irish too, to which he made some German wisecrack!) So with that being said, I felt so much better about the happenings of Friday and Saturday, and went on to the house to do the paperwork. We have it stated in the contract that we must sell our house first or we can pull out, as to protect us during that "due diligence" period, so I knew signing them was okay because we have our out should something happen between now and Tuesday. So I ask you all to say a little prayer for us that it all goes through, and nothing does happen, cuz I love this new house!!!
Tomorrow, I get to report to jury duty......ugh! I hope I can get off. We will see.
I will keep you posted.
Hugs from us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll being prayng for you! The pictures were fantastic! Thank you! Love, Melissa

Anonymous said...

Nadine, maybe the rainbow is a sign from Dorthy? Stand up and click your heels and say "There's no place like home, There's no plcae like home, There's no place like home"! We wish you all RAINBOWS every day.

Hope you are less stressed today.
Don't worry be Happy!

Love you,
Dad & Sharon