Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Bailey's Recital





Bailey had her recital last night and she did well....especially considering we had to listen to 53 students play either the piano, guitar, drums, or VIOLIN!!! I am hear to tell you, me and the violin don't mix. I told Todd I would rather get my teeth drilled without novacaine than to have to listen to that again. I truly believe you really have to be a patient individual to teach these kids....especially the violin students....eek, eek, eek....that is all it sounds like. It is like nails on a chalkboard. Anyway, some of the kids sang too, and if I were Simon Cowell...I would have been really mean to a lot of them....that sounds horrible cuz they are only kids but I mean really, come on, some of these parents need to have a heart to heart with their kids and let them know it is time to find a new hobby.....LOL I have to say the piano kids were the easiest to listen to because most of their songs were short and too the point. But after going through that last night I feel as if I have earned a new place in heaven. I think that has been one of the most challenging moments of parenthood......LOL
Bailey's video is above and you can watch it. She made two small oopsies, but overall did great compared to a lot of the others. She has only been taking piano for a few months, so I was proud she even wanted to do the recital.....so you all can be honest and tell me if I need to have a heart to heart with my child too......LOL She did enjoy playing on the grand piano, and wants us to "get her one of those kind"....yeah right, got a couple thousand to loan me so I can run right out and get it for her??? She was nervous at first as you will see in the video. She kept asking Ms. Nettie (her piano teacher) to tell her when to start....and after she made her first oopsie, her face got all serious. When she went up to her second octave, I love how she looks over at us and smiles....too cute.
Anyway, I knew you would all want to hear it. Please remember if I die, I don't ever want violins played at my funeral....and if you do it to me, I will come back and haunt you all!!!
Have a great evening.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of little Bailey!!! What a great job! She even looks away while she is playing at one time. Thanks for sharing! Love you guys, Melissa

Anonymous said...

Great job Bailey, you should be very proud of yourself.
One day the grand piano you want will be yours!
We will call Bailey after Sharon see the video.
Love you all,
Dad

Susan said...

Wow! Bailey did great! But about those violins~reminds me of a daisey and your grandmother!