Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas at Our House







Well, we had a wonderful Christmas at our house. Christmas Eve consisted of building gingerbread houses with the girls, then getting ready for church. We attended the candlelight service at church. Then we went out to eat at the best restaurant in town....LONGHORN! We got home about 8:45. Then we let the girls open their present from Nana and Papa Walty on the webcam....how cool is that?! I love Skype...it is my new favorite thing on the computer. It was so cool to see my parents and my sister and brother-in-law in person. I didn't feel so far from home and felt like we could share holiday memories with them.....tooooooo coooooool! Anyway, the girls were SO excited to open their present and about blew out all of our ears when they screamed when they saw what they got from Nana and Papa.....a Wii. The girls have wanted one of those for so long. I think Bailey actually got tears in her eyes when she chilled out for a minute to take it all in. It was too cute. She told me when I tucked her in that night that she felt like she was dreaming because she couldn't believe she now had a Wii. So needless to say it was a hit. Of course we had to play a few games before they headed off to bed to wait for Santa. Bailey did her typical of laying out the cookies and milk and note to Santa. Then our family tradition is to read "Twas the Night Before Christmas" and then Matthew in the Bible about the real meaning of Christmas. After tucking in Bailey and going through the cute fear she had ... she realized that this was the first time in her life that her and Sarah couldn't sleep in the same room on Christmas Eve. They have always done that since Bailey was born because Sarah always had the extra bed in her room. Well in our new house that isn't the case. She laid there trying to be brave because Santa being in our house "scares" her. Well I went in to tuck Sarah in, and as I was walking down the stairs, I hear this little voice from Bailey's room...."Mama, I am scared...can I sleep in Sarah's room on the floor. I don't care if there isn't a mattress." Then Sarah said, "Come on Bailey, you can sleep in my bed with me"....It was too precious to see both of my little girls tucked in a single bed snuggled together. Made me tear up myself because I realized that even though they are both growing up and at times can't stand each other, they love and care for each other more than we know. So then it was off to our elf work as the children were all snuggled up in their bed.
Christmas morning started at our house at 6:15ish. The girls were very excited to get all their gifts. As you can see from the picture, they were both shocked and excited that they got Guitar Hero. I love that picture because it was a perfect shot of both of their faces. And in the final picture, you can see them boxing each other on the Wii. It was so funny to watch them playing it. They literally played on it ALL DAY LONG! They have already put some time in it today as well. We just had a lazy day.
We overall had a wonderful day and I am so grateful to have my family both far and near. I really loved being able to see my family on the web too. Thanks to Melissa and Steve for that wonderful idea! And if you don't have Skype/a webcam, I highly recommend it to everyone!!!!!
Well, I am gonna close this entry by just saying.....Merry Christmas and I love you all!



























































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks to Skype we finally were able to see the Cook family on Christmas. It was awesome and we are grateful that Melissa & Steve made it all possible.

Girls enjoy the Wii, we are glad that it made part of Christmas day fun for you all.

Love you all,
Papa & Nana Walty