Monday, December 22, 2008

Wow! We have been busy this past week! We had the children's musical at church, Sarah's band concerts, a Christmas dinner out with the managers from the restaurant, a Christmas dinner with friends, Christmas parties at school, last minute shopping, baking cookies with the girls, and trying to finish up the girls bedrooms! Needless to say I am tired, so I took a nap yesterday after church, and went to bed at 8:00 and slept till 7:00 this morning!
Let's see if I can update you on all of this. The children's musical was very cute and Bailey did very well. She had a speaking part in it and did great with it. All the kids practiced for a long time in the weeks prior, so I am glad it all came together nicely. I had a picture of it, but it looks like my camera has lost it....not too happy about that. Sarah had her band concert on Monday night and then she had to be at the concert for the high school on Tuesday for part of her grade. Their concert was good but they messed up the last song pretty bad. The reason for that is that the band teacher gave them their music literally two days before the concert. He then proceeded to get ticked off at them and acted like a child to the point that I had to write a nasty email to him. He cussed the kids out on stage after the curtain closed and then gave them all a low grade for the concert. I was so mad at him. I told him if he had not procrastinated in giving the kids their music that wouldn't have happened. There is a lot more to the story but let's just say he dropped their grade and wrote an apology letter to the students and parents. On Wednesday we took the managers to one of our favorite restaurants in Valdosta. It is called the Bistro and we go there for special occassions whenever we can. It was a very enjoyable evening for all of us. Our friends Beth and David has us over for a Christmas dinner the other night and we had fun there as well. We all ended up playing with their Wii, and sharing lots of laughs throughout the night. I was in charge of Bailey's Christmas party on Friday, so after leaving the preschool and my party there, I picked up Sarah at school early and we headed over to Bailey's school. We had a pizza party and enough junk food to feed an army. I couldn't get over the amount of stuff people had sent in. Sarah had Anna spend the night on Saturday and we went on our annual Tifton Tacky Light Tour. We found a few tacky houses, but was a bit disappointed in our tour this year as a lot of people didn't put up lights at all. I guess we are blaming that on the economy too......LOL Today we spent the day doing all of our holiday baking. The girls and I will head out to the fire department and the police department tomorrow to make deliveries of our cookies to them. We do that every year as our way of saying thank you to them for all that they do throughout the year. I also have been painting today. Anna's parents had a dresser and chest of drawers they were gonna get rid of, so they said we could have them which worked out great because we needed them for the girls rooms. I am having to paint them black since they were lime green and white. They look good, and I went to go buy new hardware for them to update their look. I should have them all done in the next few days so then the girls rooms will be almost done!
Well, I guess that is all for now.....I guess my next post will be after Christmas, so I hope you all have a blessed day and a relaxing few days off.
Hugs to you all and Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear the Cooks are enjoying
life!
I wish I could of seen the e-mail that you sent the music teacher. Good for you my daughter or a chip off of the old block I would say! Don't P*ss us off.

Merry Christmas to you all,
Dad & Sharon