Saturday, March 7, 2009

Another year older....


Well, tomorrow is my 42nd birthday. I don't feel any different, but when I see the number written, I think "Where is my life going?". I just feel like I need to accomplish something major to seem like that number is significant....does that make sense? I know I have accomplished a lot, especially the beautiful family I have. But I guess I am thinking more like in my "outside wife and mommyhood" life. I know God has plans for me, but sometimes I wish He would clue me in as to what is in store.....I really need to practice patience, but what the heck.....I am 42 now, how patient can I be? I still am trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up! We shall see where this year takes me....
As for my celebrations, today I am going to lunch with my dear friend, Susan, in Valdosta. We are just gonna have a girls day. It is gonna be like 80 today, so we are gonna take the convertible and do some cruisin'! Tonight, Todd wants to take me out as well, so I guess that means no cooking for me today!!!! Tomorrow, although Todd is off, we have a full day of activities. Sarah is playing in orchestra at church and Todd has a meeting at church. Maybe sometime after 2:00 we will be able to go do something as a family. That is all I want, just to spend time all together. I feel like we have all been going in different directions lately. I just want to chill together. It doesn't take much to please me.
Well, I guess I will finish up this post and get my day going. I hope you all have a great week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well my beautiful daughter, Happy 42nd Birthday. You can always pursue a writing career or get certified & teach what ever. You could write a book on your life in the south & all the people you have blessed with your presence. You are a born leader, and accomplished much in your life time. What ever you decided to do in the future I'm sure you will succeed with no problem.
We Love you Very Much,
Dad & Sharon

Susan said...

Wow! I just read what you Dad wrote and he is soooooo right! I had a wonderful day with you! I know that it was for your birthday but I am the one to say thank you for you are truly a blessing to my life and I am one lucky person to be able to call you friend! Love you and Happy Happy Birthday!
S~

Anonymous said...

You don't look your age! You look fantastic...I love the new picture

Anonymous said...

That was me saying you don't look your age! I love you, Melissa