Sunday, March 15, 2009

It is finished!







Well, my challenge of the week has been this puzzle that my mother-in-law, Karen, gave to me for my birthday. For those of you that don't know me well...I LOVE puzzles.....it is normally a very relaxing outlet for me to put together a puzzle. However, this puzzle she got me was the most challenging and annoying thing I have ever done. It was so hard, and the reason is because I didn't have a picture to reference to while I was putting it together. It was a cool puzzle though. It is a topographical map of the area where our house is....in fact the center piece is in the shape of a house and is where our actual house is on the map. It was sooooo hard. I normally can put a 1000 piece puzzle together in 1-2 days, depending if I decide to go to bed before finishing it! I become completely obsessed and sometimes can't pull myself away from them....well this sucker took 6 days!!!!! And it was only a 400 piece puzzle. I was seeing red sqiggly lines, green and white patches, and blue ponds in my sleep.....it was crazy. Todd even had to hop in and help me a bit because it was all looking the same after a while. He normally doesn't help me on my puzzles, so that tells you a lot! Ha ha! So Friday afternoon, I finally put the last piece in, Praise Jesus! I was gonna glue it all together, which I never do because I will put the puzzle together at a later date, but this one I actually considered it. Well, yesterday in my hectic morning, I had laid some papers on top of the completed puzzle that I had sitting on the coffee table like it was a trophy, and when I picked up the papers, the staple on one of the papers caught the edge of the puzzle and dragged it to the edge of the table, only to have it fall and break apart.....God's cruel joke on me....so I had to box it up, and put it up with the other puzzles to be put together again someday.....yeah right! At least Todd took pictures of me and of the puzzle so I have proof I did complete it!
Other than the puzzle challenge, we have had a good week. Sarah had nine week exams and did well on them. She is so glad that she is done with this nine weeks and only has nine more to go. It has been a really challenging year for her, but she is pulling through. Bailey is getting ready for her play that the fourth grade is putting on at the end of this month. She has a part in it, but is not nervous at all. She is just ready for it to be over. I finally told my boss that I am not coming back next year. It went well and she was very understanding. I feel like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. Todd went to the neurologist this week for his leg cramps. He has the doctor in awe and baffled all at the same time. He is scheduled for an EMG test on the 23rd and an MRI as well. The doctor seems to think he has BFS....benign fasciculation syndrome. But is going to do all of the tests to rule out anything else major. I am just hoping it all goes okay. On a positive note though, Todd has begun seeing an upper cervical care doctor last Tuesday. He had his adjustment on Tuesday, and the past four nights he has not had to snap out of bed in pain at all. He actually has slept through the night completely all four nights. I am so excited for him because you all truly don't realize how much of this has become an issue for him and how much pain he is in. He is trying not to count his chickens before they hatch, but we have had success with this kind of doctor/practice in the past, so we are hoping we have reached the same kind of success. We are true believers in this kind of practice. If you have not ever researched into upper cervical care, we highly recommend it!
Well, I guess that is about all for now.

Hope you all have a Happy St. Patrick's Day! May the luck of the Irish be with you always!

Erin Go Bragh!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you for finishing that puzzle! I mean...with your aging eyes and all it seems highly unlikely to have finished such a feat!!! What a role model.

I hope Todd's issues are simple and manageable. We are thinking of him. There is nothing like the not knowing. You would rather know what it is and deal with it so you can get back to normal, as normal as you can be anyways, as I am speaking from experience.

We love you all, Steve and Melissa