Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Weeks Happenings







We have been soooo busy....then again when aren't we? I feel like that is all I ever write in my posts, but that is the life of a mom with kids I guess. Let's see.....where should I start?
At the beginning of the month, the girls and I set off for Atlanta to take Sarah to her audition for the Governor's Honors Program. It is a very selective program that the state of Georgia offers to high schoolers....mostly upcoming seniors...but Sarah was nominated in music by her teacher and she is only a sophomore. She made it through all the interviews and then on to the State Level interviews/audition. She felt like she did pretty well, but she is going up against kids that go to fine arts only schools, so the competition is tough. We will find out if she made it at the end of March. If she does make it, she will attend Valdosta State University for a six week program in the summer where she will take college level classes with a declared major of music and a minor in education. She will have classes Monday thru Saturday, and will live on campus in the dorms just like a college kid does. I hope she makes it because it would look soooo good on her college applications, but part of me doesn't want her to make it because I don't know how I feel about my baby being gone away to "college" for six weeks without me....that means I have to admit she is growing up!!!
We did have fun in Atlanta before and after the audition. We drove around our old stomping grounds and relived some of our memories while doing it. We ate like crazy at all the good restaurants that we miss since we have moved to Tifton. And we went prom dress shopping while we were there as well. Sarah found a beautiful dress and accessories, so she is ready to go to the prom in May.....my wallet on the other hand is awfully empty!!
Then this past Thursday, Bailey and Todd went to the Father/Daughter Valentine's dance here in town. They had sooo much fun, and looked fabulous, if I don't say so myself! Bailey got to go shopping to pick out her dress, get a "mani-pedi", and then got her hair done in lots and lots of curls. She thought she was the princess. My prince looked pretty spiffy too! I teased Bailey that she would need to beat up if anyone was hitting on her date. She assured me she would take care of it. They had a great time together and made lots of memories. I was so glad they got to have that time together.
The day after the dance, South Georgia went into the history books as having a record snowfall!!! Yes, the girls were soooooo excited and loved every minute of it. They built a snowman, had snowball fights, and just played around in the snow like they were three. It wasn't quite the snow that we are used to seeing in NY, but for down here, it was AWESOME!
I have been finding time lately to get back into my scrapbooks. It has been so long and I am soooo far behind, but I am loving being able to utilize my creative side again. I also have been looking for a job, which is scary to me being that I have been an at home mom for so long, which I have loved. I guess that is why I am so scared....it is me having to close that chapter of my life and I don't like it one bit. I do have a job prospect on the horizion. I will see what happens in the next few weeks. I so wish I had all the money in the world that I could open up a store like I have always wanted to, but that is not an option for me right now.
Todd has been doing well. No major changes....which is a blessing! He has cut back his hours at work and is only working open shifts which has allowed him to be home every night for dinner and time for him to rest his body...which is what the doctor has ordered. I just hope an pray we stay on this path of no change for as long as possible.
Finally, I am in the process of booking our trip to Ireland! I am so excited. It has been exciting to plan it, but frustrating too because I can't seem to find a travel agent who wants to give us what we want.,...for them it is all about commission and not about making a happy customer, so I am falling back on my travel schooling and booking it myself. We are planning on going the last week of May. The kids are going with us, so it will be a full blown family vacation....hopefully the trip of a lifetime.
I guess that is all for now. I hope this finds everyone else well. I will update when I have time! Have a great week!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Nadine, the girls look like they are growing up to fast. It is better to be too busy than not at all. Ireland what a GREAT trip to look forward too, we hope you all have the once in a life time exprience in the other HOME land.
Love you all,
Dad & Sharon

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for all of you! The pictures were fantastic! Thanks! Love, Melissa

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.