Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Life As I Knew It

It has been a while since I have posted....and that is because life as I knew it has come to a screeching halt. My life has been turned upside down and sideways, and I am still trying to get a grip on all that is going on.
I started my new job at Moultrie Tech, and so far I am enjoying being a part of a work environment again. The drama and politics I could do without, but then we all know that none of that can be avoided, especially when you work with women. I am slowly getting used to this full time schedule, and I can tell you that I truly miss my freedom that I once had. I now have been on both sides of the fence, and I can honestly say I loved being home with my children and being able to get all that needed to be done during the day completed, so I was able to spend quality time with the children and Todd. Now I feel like there are not enough hours in the day for me to get it all done....I know this will all begin to fall into place. It is just gonna take me reprioritizing my "to dos" and learning to delegate more. I truly feel for single moms who have to do it all themselves because the guilt is riding my conscience constantly! And I have wonderful help at home...so I feel for those moms out there that don't have that.
I have also enjoyed spending some time with family as they have been down to visit. My sister and her husband were at our house at the end of March, and then my dad and Sharon came to see us for a couple weeks in April. Sharon retired finally, so they are able to now live without restrictions of time commitments. We did get an opportunity to go to Jekyll with them for the weekend, and it was a nice break. It was hard for me to leave each day to go to work, knowing they were at the house....but they were very understanding and helpful with things around the house.
Todd had his quarterly visit to the ALS clinic last week as well. He really is doing great. All the therapists are impressed with his lack of progression. I know that this can change on a dime, so we are taking each day and rejoicing in the normal day to day living. But overall, we had a great visit. Thank God for blessing us so far.
Bailey and Sarah are both doing well. They both made honor roll for all four quarters of school as well as receiving other awards. Sarah took a trip with the jazz band to record a cd, which will be out soon for anyone to purchase....it was a neat experience for her to go through. Bailey performed in her play "Tink's Peter Pan" with the role of Wendy. She did fabulous in it and is already looking forward to next year's play. Both the girls are counting down the last few days of school. They are out on the 21st. Sarah has prom this coming weekend and is so excited. Bailey is looking forward to field day at the end of this week.
I personally am looking so forward to the 22nd of this month. Our family will be leaving on my dream trip.....Ireland. I cannot wait to see what it is like there and to be able to experience it with my family. I am so tickled to be blessed with this opportunity to be able to go there. I hope it is all I have dreamt it to be and more.
I hope all the moms out there have a wonderful Mother's Day and that all of you that are blessed to still have your mom around, take a moment to thank her for all she has done for you.
I will post again when I find the time to breathe!
Hugs to all!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nadine, you inspire me to be a better woman, wife, mother, and person!!! Thank you!!!