Monday, May 19, 2008

Creativity is my Sanity




Okay....I am the first one to admit I am spoiled. If I want something, and if it is within reach and doesn't put us in a bind, I get it.......not bragging, just stating how wonderful my husband is to me. I have wanted a Cricut for quite some time now, and it is not a cheap item. What is a Cricut you ask? It is a laser cutter that can cut diecuts from 1/2" to 24". It is what any paper crafter would want in their array of many gadgets and I got one delivered to my house on Friday! All I can say is it is the bomb!!!! I have been playing with it all weekend. I found myself getting lost in my "craft room" more often than usual this weekend! LOL I made gift tags, cards, and this gift frame for Sarah's band teacher to name just a few. I love the way the frame turned out. I used my Cricut to do the "thank you" on it. We are giving it to Liz because she and Sarah have become so close...almost like a big sister/little sister relationship. Since the girls' last day of school is Thursday, we have been working on end of the year gifts for the teachers as well. So as you can see, we made these flip flops for their teachers as well. I made 4 pairs total, and they turned out cute I think. I am not a froo froo person, but most of their teachers are, so I think these will be fine. We are also giving them gas gift cards, so that way they are getting a practical gift as well....and God knows we all can use some help in the gas dept.....it is ridiculous, isn't it? So needless to say, I did get to exercise my creativity this weekend which in turn kept me sane....I just love to be creative.
The other picture is of Sarah at her band concert yesterday. Not a great picture, kinda dark, but I couldn't get my camera to cooperate yesterday. They had a Calvalcade of Bands at the high school. It was all the bands in Tift County, sixth grade thru high school. It was neat to see how far the kids have come from beginning band in 6th grade. And I am not just bragging on my child's band, but everyone else was too....they played better than the 9th grade band, and sounded just as good as the high school band. They got a standing ovation, and none of the other bands did......pretty good huh?
The last picture is of Sarah this morning with a group of her friends. They got to go over to one of the local elementary schools today to help with their field day. It was gonna be a "wet" field day, so I had to run her swim suit over to her so she could where it under her clothes. She was just glad to get out of school for the day. She has finals tomorrow and Wednesday, so a day of fun is nice for her to have before the big tests!
I guess that is all for now....have a great week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Creating is good for the soul Nadine, so keep it up, you do Great work's of art.

We will take one of those gas cards you are giving out so generously. Is that a normal thing to give gifts to teachers at the end of the year or is just something you always do?

Good luck to the girls with their final exams, I'm sure they will do fine, they have their parents brains.
We love you all,
Dad in North Country

Anonymous said...

Those flip flops turned out great!!! Isecond the good luck to the girls but today or tomorrow is probably their last day! Love, Melissa