Friday, May 23, 2008

School's Out!!!



Well school is done for the girls now! They both did VERY well on their report cards, and are moving on to the next grade. That is the hard part for me. Bailey is moving out of the primary school, and on to the elementary school. It is hard for me to believe that she is going into the 4th grade which is what Sarah was in when we moved here to Tifton. Boy time has flown.......
And the hardest pill to swallow is that my Sarah is now officially a high schooler!!! AHHH! She is a freshman.....God that is so hard to say! I really am having a tough time with that one. I remember me being a freshman like it was yesterday, and here I am with my own child going into 9th grade!!! Both my girls promised me when they were little, that they would never grow up and they would always be my babies.....what the heck happened to that promise? LOL
Bailey had a tough time yesterday saying goodbye to her teacher. Ms. Dozier is moving to Florida to get married, and Bailey has been sooooo close with her. The two of them held each other and boo hoo'd for about 10 minutes at the end of the day. She has been a great teacher for Bailey because she understands how "sensitive" Bailey can be, and knows exactly how to handle her......we will miss her. Bailey wanted me to put a picture of her and Ms. Dozier on the family blog, so there it is!
The other two pictures are of the girls from this morning. We went to the cemetery this morning to help the veterans put flags on all of the other veteran's graves in honor of Memorial Day. They had to put out 3500 flags, so we felt like we could go and do our part in helping them. It was kinda a wet and yucky morning, so we looked like drown rats when we were done, but it was well worth it. It is the least we can do for all they did for us. It also was a nice "lesson" for my children. They got to meet some veterans that were there, and they both did ask questions as we were doing it, so I felt like it was well worth the time.
Well, Sarah is heading to Daytona Beach with her best friend, Anna, and her family today. They are going to stay with Anna's grandparents who have a condo down there. She will be gone for 8 days, so I am gonna miss her! Bailey and I are gonna have to find things to keep us busy. I am gonna hopefully work on Bailey's school scrapbook some. It has been so long since I have scrapbooked, I don't know if I will remember how, but I am determined to complete something by the end of summer, if it is the last thing I do!!!!!
Well, I guess that is all for now. Enjoy your holiday weekend and try to relax a bit! Hugs to everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS Grand Daughters were are very proud of both of you.

We will have to take you shopping for something when we see you in July, Can't wait to see you both!

A freshman, I remember all of my girls when they were going to high school for the first time.

Love you all,
Nana & Papa up north where God left his sandal's.