Thursday, May 29, 2008

Settling into Summer

Well, it has been a week since the kids got out of school. Sarah is still in Daytona with Anna, and will be back late this Saturday night. I can't wait to see her. I am missing her sooooo much. I was talking to her on the phone last night, and she said, "mom if you are missing me like this now, what are you gonna be like when I go to college?". I politely told her to be quiet and that I didn't want to talk about that. She seems to be having so much fun. She calls me with her daily updates, but is quick to say she misses us, but isn't ready to come home. I am not feeling the love.....LOL
Bailey and I are trying desperately to keep busy. For some reason, she thinks that I am the entertainment committee for the summer. I am here to tell you, I am really sick of hearing, "What are we gonna do today, mom?" already!!! Next week will be better as Sarah will be home and Bailey will be taking an art class at the local college each day. Boredom comes quickly to her so I am hoping taking these classes will help her. I have been working on scrapbooks, which I haven't done in a long time, so I am happy to be doing that. I am avoiding driving too many places as we are trying to watch our gas consumption. We will be doing enough travelling in June and July.
Well, there is really not much else to report. I will post pictures of Sarah's trip when she gets home. Have a great rest of the week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Sarah is having a good time. Call this a practice run for when she goes on spring break in college.
I think she will miss you guys more when she goes of to college but you will all adjust in time.

Bailey is just like you Nadine, you always had to have something to do when you were on summer break and the art classes will be a lot of fun for her.

Love you all,
Dad & Sharon