Friday, May 16, 2008

My Drama Queen












Bailey had her musical last night at school, and it was so cute. The first part of the concert was eight songs played on the recorder.....picture 200 kids playing recorders at the same time....I am going to spare you the video on that one. It is a bit "loud". But they did a great job. Then they switched over to singing which was so much more "pleasant".....LOL The videos I added to this blog are her singing "All for One" from High School Musical. I showed you this one cuz Bailey is so dramatic when she is dancing.....most of the kids were very nonchalant when they were doing their moves, but not Bailey. Everyone was saying after the concert that she needed to be in the theater cuz she was the most entertaining to watch. I am seriously considering letting her take a theater class this summer they are putting on at the local theater. She was so funny. The other video (at the bottom of this post) is of the kids singing "You Raise me Up" which is one of my favorite songs of all time. I started crying when they sang it. At the end of the concert she came up to us just a boohooing, which I thought she was doing because she maybe screwed up or something. When I asked her why she was crying, she broke down even worse and said, "Momma, I don't like to see you cry, and Ms. Dozier (her teacher) was crying too, and it just makes me so sad". It was so cute. The kids did a great job though! We took her out for ice cream after it was all over.



The pictures are of Bailey and her music teacher, Ms. Betsy Jones, whom Bailey loves. Ms. Jones is a real sweetheart. The other is of Todd with a fish he caught in our back pond this evening. He made me take a picture cuz I never believe him that there are decent size fish in our pond. I keep waiting for him to catch the fish that makes a "wake" when he swims by, or so he says, but that is one I will believe when I see it. Until then we will just go with this picture....LOL



Today was my last day of Preschool.....woohoo! I am done for the summer and it has been a long year to say the least. I left school and went right to Longhorn where I decided to enjoy a margarita and lunch by myself to celebrate. It was a small moment of victory for myself! I will have a few days to myself before the girls are out for the summer. Their last day is next Thursday and I know they are looking forward to it as well.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bailey GREAT JOB! We don't like to see your Mom or you cry. The song is a very moving song, I bet everyone there shed some tears while you were singing it.

Todd, nice fish!! Did you put it back to be caught another day.
Love you all,

Dad in North Country

Anonymous said...

It has been a while since I have been on...the pictures and video are fantastic. Sarah and Bailey your Aunt Melissa and Uncle Steve are so proud!

And Todd that really is some fish! WOW

And as for the hula hoop girls...I never could get that talent down. Nadine is my witness...I always thought you were showing off. LOL