Saturday, January 26, 2008

Bailey has New Glasses


This picture has my Bailey's personality screaming from it.....she is like this all the time. Full Throttle! She is so excited about her new glasses. The hot pink matches her personality! She was so cute when we picked them up because they are starting to reduce the strength in her bifocals. She says, "Mom, the bifocal line isn't as big!!!!" I know in her heart her glasses bother her a bit, so it was neat to see that momentary glimmer of hope in her face. As a mom who wore glasses as a child, I know how different I always felt. And how self conscious I was when the glasses came off because my eye turned in like hers does. I remember thinking to myself, "when will I be able to take these dumb things off completely". My day came in my teen years, and I know hers will come someday too. Sometimes I don't know if she will look like the same Bailey without them, since she has had them since she was 1 1/2. She is so dang cute with them on, and when she takes them off, she looks so grown up. I don't know if I will be ready for her to get to that milestone. Ahh, such is the life of a parent, I guess.
Bailey cheered this morning as well. She did a great job as usual. Her star this week was for Best Cheers. The squad was small this week as we had a lot of girls out sick, but with Bailey's loud voice, they didn't miss a beat when it came to volume!!! LOL
Well I guess that is all for now. It is cold and rainy today, so I am gonna go and cuddle up on the couch and watch a movie with the girls.
Talk to you all soon.

4 comments:

Susan said...

Bailey your glasses rock! I love them!!!

Anonymous said...

I can tell you think your new glasses are groovy and I agree. Babydoll has great taste, love you bunches honey.

Anonymous said...

Bailey you look adorable in your new glasses! Nice pick! Love, Aunt Melissa

Anonymous said...

Bailey, your glasses look great on you! Before you know it the bifocals will be history as your eyes get stronger & stronger.
Love you lots,
Papa & Nana
in the
North Country
BURRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!