Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I Love America....

Today I fulfilled my American duties......I voted first thing this morning. I decided to take advantage of early voting so I can beat the crowds. I was in and out before you could say God Bless America!
I came home and did a priliminary tax return. We are going to get our taxes done professionally this year due to the merger of Todd's company and some stock issues that I really don't understand, but I went and plugged in the numbers as I understood it. It looks like we are going to owe a little to the State, but we are still going to get a federal return this year....that is if I did it right. It did make me feel a little bit better because I was freaking out earlier in the week thinking we were going to have to pay out the ying yang!
Then I finally took the time to post my retired stamp sets that I want to sell on a stamping site I go to quite often. Well, I have made quite a bit of money tonight. It actually was crazy for a while there. The sets were selling so fast, I couldn't keep up with the emails. It was so funny. Everytime I would go and read an email, 3 more would come in. I was laughing so hard!
So today I participated in the right to vote, the drudgery of kinda paying taxes, and the joy of free enterprise. There are not a lot of countries in the world that would allow any one of these, much less all three! I love America!
Todd is in Atlanta right now, and we miss him already. He did have dinner with Ron, our old neighbor, and he found out one of our other old neighbors, John (the Harley man), died. He was such a good guy. I hated to hear that. I am waiting to hear from him tonight to find out how his meetings went today. He has meetings all day again tomorrow, so he won't be home until late tomorrow night!
Well, I guess that is all for now. Have a great evening.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Nadine, saluting you and all that you do.......what is with this word verification below????

Anonymous said...

Great job Nadine! As much as we bitch there is no place like AMERICA. Your doing the right thing in having a professional (I HOPE) do your taxes this year. Just for curiousity sake maybe you should have the person check last years, you never know you might have something coming back.
Love you,
Dad

Nadine said...

The word verification is new as it is another layer of protection on my blog...you can never be too safe.