Sunday, August 24, 2008

Auntie Em, Auntie Em




Well we survived the storm. I posted pictures on here to show you how much rain we got. If you look at Friday's post, I put a picture of our pond in our backyard. In it you will see the boat barely in the water. But as you can see in the above picture, the boat is totally floating. We got A LOT of rain! We lost some limbs from our pine trees too. You can't really see it in the bottom picture, but right at the base of the tree to the right there is a branch that is literally sticking straight out of the ground. The wind was pretty strong at times. I had my friends over for a day of stamping, and around dinner time, the tornado sirens went off. We went and watched the news as they were telling us a tornado was heading our way. We put Bailey and her friend Emily in the hallway right outside the bathroom....just in case.....I have to admit, I never freak out in storms, but this one made me nervous. A bit too close for comfort I would say. But we were lucky and nothing happened, but it really makes you take stock when it is all going on.
Bailey had fun with Emily being here, and I had a great time with my friends as well. It was a nice day of just hanging out, which we all needed. Sarah should be home tonight from Atlanta. The only communication I have gotten from her is that last night they were eating at Chili's and their server was hot.......that is what the text message sent from her said.....such is the life of my teenage daughter. Todd called me from SC and said it was sunny and great there. He and his dad had gone to a car show together. So as our house was in the grasp of a tornado, and we are worried sick, Todd and Sarah were having a grand time......figures! LOL
Well, I just thought I would update everyone.
Talk to you soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so glad you are all safe. Love you, Melissa and Steve

Anonymous said...

Happy that you did not get the brunt of the storm!
LOVE you all,
Dad