Friday, August 8, 2008

Back to School




Well yesterday was the first day back to school for the girls. They were both excited and nervous, as anyone would expect. At the end of the day, they both came home happy but exhausted. Sarah was more talkative then Bailey about her day, but it was mostly about her friends and her teachers. As any teenager is, she is just disturbed by the "rules" one of her teachers has, and is mad so and so isn't in her class or so and so is in her class.....I just laugh and know it is all gonna adjust in a few days for her. Bailey is a bit different in the sense that she is disappointed none of her friends are in her class, and is saying the year is not going to be good because she didn't get the teacher she wanted and she knows nobody. She is of course being Bailey with her drama, but in the same sense I worry more about her because she is already an independent soul who doesn't make friends as easily as her sister. I am hoping over the next few days things will get better for her, but please keep her in your prayers as she adjusts to this. Bailey started at a new school this year as well as her sister, so I think all of it is very overwhelming for her.
I have had teacher work days yesterday, today, Monday and Tuesday, and then the students come on Wednesday. I, myself, have been overwhelmed, I think, with all the emotions of my girls starting new schools as well as my own stuff going on, that I completely forgot about Bailey's piano lesson yesterday, which is not like me at all. Those of you who know me well enough, know that I am highly organized and I just don't normally forget stuff like that. I beat myself up most of the evening last night about it, but I am over it now. I am hoping today will be a better day for me. I am going to try and get caught up on a few things today around the house, and take this weekend to regroup and then hopefully things will be off to a better start on Monday.
I hope you all have a great weekend. I will not be posting this weekend, so I will talk to you all again next week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The girls look GREAT in their new back to school duds. Bailey's smile is a killer with the braces off. Sarah looks like she is ready to meet new friends and to start partying. Bailey, will make new friends in her own time. She reminds me of me when I was a child, we moved a lot and I changed schools frequently, and know how she is feeling.

Love you all,
Papa & Nana
North Country

Anonymous said...

Both girls look fabulous! It was good to talk to you guys today. I love you! (That close up of Bailey really show off her teeth!!!! They look great!)Love, Melissa