Monday, August 18, 2008

Pudding??????

Well, my days at school continue to be great....don't know what I did to deserve it, but I am gonna take it and just say Thank God!!!
Today's funny story has to do with my child. At about 11:30 this morning, I got a call on my cell from Bailey's school. When I answered it, it was Bailey. She was crying and telling me she was in the nurse's office because she got "poopie" on her pants. I of course tell her to calm down and tell her I will be there in a few minutes. I proceed to get my boss to fill in in my classroom and rush home to go get her clothes. I rush up to the school to give her the clothes. I walk into the nurse's office only to not find my child in there. The nurse says, " I sent her back to class because it was only a spot about this big" as she holds her hands up into a circle shape. I am kinda ticked at this point that the nurse has sent my child back to class with crap on her, but I just proceed down to her class to get her, to mad to say something rational at that point. I arrive at her classroom and open the door. She comes walking out, and then says "Mom, it is strarting to dry already"....I am a bit afraid to look, but I do and notice it doesn't look anything like poop......but more like pudding. I say, "Bailey, why does that look like pudding". She says, "it is pudding". I proceed to fuss at her cuz she told me it was poopie on the phone, and I had to get a sub for my class, only to rush over to find out it is pudding!!!!! She said, "I said pudding mom". We go back and forth about it and I ask her why she was crying if it was just pudding. She said because she thought I would be mad if she got pudding on her new clothes! Now I know I can be a strict mom, but I never have gotten mad at my children for spilling stuff on their clothes! I told her she better not call me for silly stuff like that again. See I am having to retrain her after her teacher last year fell for every whimper she ever had......grrrr...it makes me so mad! So the next time you have some pudding, you can all think of me driving like a mad woman to Bailey's school to give her some new clothes!!!!
Have a great evening!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nadine...you have to lighten up! I remember when I was little and god forbid I ruin my new clothes from Twin Fair or Gold Circle. It would be like the end of the world! Breathe and give Bailey a big hug.

I love you, Melissa XOXOX