Saturday, August 30, 2008

Just Plain Tired

For heaven's sake....I am just exhausted! It has been a long week. Thursday and Friday especially put us all down for the count. Sarah marched for the first time at the first football game of the season. She did fantastic and looked so cute out there. I was very proud! Todd, Bailey and I worked the concession stands. I have to tell you.....I am about sick of popcorn. That is all I did last night is make popcorn. And I couldn't make it fast enough.....we sold between 500-600 boxes of just popcorn last night!!!! Anyway, after the game, Todd and I had to count all the money taken in from programs and concessions.......all $16,000 of it.......that is a lot of money spent on snacks!!!! We got in at about 12:15am. We all crashed immediately upon walking in the door. As much as I wanted to sleep in this morning, my body and brain were not in agreement. I was just anticipating everything I had to get caught up on around the house, so my mind wouldn't let my body rest. So needless to say, I was up at 6:30. It is around 5:30 pm right now, and I am starting to go into crash mode. Sarah is supposed to go to the movies tonight, so I am gonna attempt to take a little power nap before I have to take her at 7:30. Then I have to hit the grocery store to get a few things...pick her up at about 9:30 and then crash for the evening. I have never been so happy to have a three day weekend! I need to catch up on a ton....including my sleep. Well that is the update for now.....sorry such a short post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I wonder if these same people were asked to give to a charity if they all would? Unbelievable amount of money to take in at a high school football game. Sarah did not make any mistakes like she thouht she would, Way to go Sarah Cook. Bailey you must have had a ball helping out at the consession stand with mom & dad, how much free pop corn did you eat?
Love you all,
Papa & Nana