Saturday, February 9, 2008

As the weekend begins...

Hello all. It is 7 am on Saturday morning, as I sit in my bed typing this listening to the quietness of the house. Todd just left for work, and the girls are still sleeping as we had a late night last night. Sometimes I just love this quiet time. I often use it as a time to just think of all the blessings in my life, and then other times I use it to think through the day ahead. Today is kinda a combination of both.
I just checked all my email, and got an email about Todd's Uncle Al having to go for an angiogram/angioplasty on Tuesday. Please put him on your prayer lists as he goes through this procedure. Heart issues are always scary. My husband's family seems to have a lot of issues with their hearts and it scares me because it makes me really think he is predisposed to all of this, and I think are we headed toward a future of problems with his heart. That is why I am glad that he is taking his health so seriously now with his change in diet and exercise. Maybe with the Good Lord's help he will avoid all of it. I just hope he maintains his desire to be healthier.
Yesterday, I felt like I was in my car and running errands all day. I worked in the morning. The girls had a half day at school, so once I got out of work and got them, we headed to the doctor's office for Sarah's physical....yes I was able to get one scheduled. While we were there, four people came in the office totally sick (the flu and strep are going around like crazy here), so I am like a germaphobe.....giving the girls germex every 5 minutes, telling them not to touch anything, etc. They both thought I was nuts, but I really don't want it in my house! Anyway, we get in the exam room and Dr. Johnson has me look at Sarah's spine as he thinks she has scoliosis. I can see it definitely has a curve to it, so he gives her the okay for track, but wants us to get xrays done for the scoliosis. He thinks it is nothing major, but just wants to be sure. So we head over to the hospital to have the xrays done. We actually got in and out of there fairly quickly for a hospital, but still I was not planning on that being a part of my day. At that point we basically had 15 minutes to stop home before having to head out to get the girls haircut. We finished there and then headed home to pick up Todd and head to Valdosta. We grabbed a quick bite to eat while we were there and then went on the quest for new dresses for the girls. We hit Kohls and had no luck whatsoever, which is strange for us because we usually find everything at Kohls. Todd did find a new pair of running sneakers. He needed a new pair with all the running he has been doing. He is actually going to run a 5K race at the end of this month....can you believe it?
We then headed to JCP and hit pay dirt. Sarah found a very cute dress that she looks adorable in....grown up too.....but we had to buy a cardigan to go over it since it will be so cold in NY when she wears it. It is white and black with royal blue accents. Bailey found her dress there as well. She is so cute in it. It is lime green with white polka dots on it and tiny silver crystals speckled on it, which is her favorite part. She had to find a cardigan as well for it. That is the hard part, as March in South Georgia is totally different then March in NY. We have all spring dresses on the racks. My girls were not comprehending that there could be a lot snow on the ground when we go up there. We tried to find dresses they could utilize for the wedding up north, but also wear for Easter service down here. Not an easy task, but it is done. We still need to get shoes for them, but I know that is going to be a fight because they are both looking at open toed styles that are great for here, but not going to work with having to wear tights/nylons to keep their legs warm up there. We will see. Being the mother of two girls can be very trying.....especially when it comes to clothing and being "in style". I am thinking warmth, they are thinking whether or not they look cute. I know I did it too when I was a girl, but it still doesn't make it right! LOL
Now I have to search for something for myself as I only own 2 dresses that I wear on a rotating basis to church each Sunday. Todd was looking in my closet late last night and stood there saying, "I can't believe you only have two dresses". I told him that is what happens when you are a 40 year old mom....your kids come first and you buy stuff for them before you buy something for yourself. So he is insisting I go and get myself a few dresses. I think I will take him up on it! LOL I am gonna go to Cato which is a store I like here in Tifton today to see if I can find something. Bailey has a game today at 11:45, so I am gonna try and go after it is over. I am supposed to go out to dinner and a movie with my girlfriends tonight, so I should have a little time to look today.
I did come home to a "prize" in my mailbox yesterday as well. Todd is taking me to see Celtic Woman in Savannah on March 2nd. We are going to head there the night before the concert so we can spend the entire day in Savannah and then do the concert at night. It should be a fun time and a great chance for us to just get away for a night. So the tickets came in the mail yesterday, so it kinda gave me something to look forward to!
Well I guess I have rambled on enough already, so I will close this post for now. I hope you all have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep on enjoying your life, sounds like you all are doing very, very well and have lots to do and have lots to look forward to. The good Lord is a Good Lord to all of you.

Anonymous said...

Uncle AL has to be a wake up call fro Todd to keep eating healthy and excersizing. Hope Al makes out fine on tuesday, he will have to join Todd in a healthy life style. We can't wait to see the girls in their new dresses & shoes in March. Enjoy the concert they are fantastic!!
Love you all,
Dad & Sharon