Sunday, February 10, 2008

Fun Night Out

Well, I ended up having a fun day yesterday. We went to Bailey's game and after we got out, we started a local hunt for a dress for me. I was really not having any luck. I did find a dress I can use for church on the clearance rack at Cato, but nothing I want to wear to the wedding...so I bought it just because it was such a good deal. I then found just a basic black dress which I ended up buying also just because I don't have one, and it also was on a good sale. So I came home with two dresses, neither of which I will use for the wedding but hey....I have more of a variety for church now. Todd thought the basic black dress was fine to wear to the wedding if I didn't find anything else.
After I got done shopping, I dropped the girls off at home and then headed out to pick up my girlfriends, Susan and Beth for a fun girls night out. We were celebrating Beth's birthday. She has been wanting to see the movie 27 dresses, so we went to see it and then did dinner afterward. The movie was a good one, not to mention there was a very cute guy starring in it. We had some laughs in the theater, including sharing the laughs with complete stangers who were getting to hear all of our conversation as we were waiting for the movie to start. We headed to dinner afterward where we enjoyed more conversation and laughter. It was so nice to just get out of the house and spend some time with friends. I am learning now that I am older, how important that time for myself and time to foster friendships is. I felt refreshed and reenergized when I got home. You know the old saying...if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.....well there is a lot to be said about it! I feel like when I get that time to be someone other than Todd's wife and Sarah and Bailey's mommy, I am a better wife and mommy. Don't know if that makes sense or not but I hope it does. I actually got a great night sleep and I believe it was because I wasn't needed by anyone for a few hours....my mind got to relax a bit.
We got up this morning a bit late for church, so the girls and I just hung out and relaxed for a majority of the morning. I probably could have forced myself to get up earlier, but the saga of our church and the incompetent pastor continues which has once again put a bad taste in my mouth. This week I learned that he is doing whatever it takes to get rid of the preschool....an excellent program that has been in place for 30 years, has touched so many lives, not to mention is also my source of income! He cut our assistant preschool directors salary totally out without even having the decency of telling her himself and without telling the people that make up the "church council". He is just doing what he wants. I have prayed and prayed about my bad feelings I have been having toward this pastor and the church as it is today, and I am not feeling any better about it. I don't know if it is time for me to look for a new church or if it is God's way of teaching me patience. This pastor is on a power trip and is ruining everything that drew us to the church in the first place. I have never been a part of a church that has had this much turmoil, and that is not what church is suppose to be about. I just wish I knew the answer as to what I am suppose to do. Well, enough of that.....I am raising my blood pressure thinking about it....
The girls and I went out around lunch time to an outlet store here in town and I finally found my dress for the wedding today. I actually found 3 dresses there that I loved, so as of Friday I had 2 dresses to my name, and as of today I have 7....I think that is the most I have ever owned! And the best part is I spent less than $100 for the 5 dresses I added to my wardrobe. That is what some women spend on one dress, so I feel good about my bargains. I have that guilt feeling that I have spent too much on myself...but I am working on letting it go. I never buy clothes for myself unless I get a gift card for Christmas or my birthday, so I know I shouldn't feel that way. It is just hard when you put your kids first always, to accept it is okay to spend it on myself.
Well, I guess that is all for now. I hope you have a relaxing rest of the day. I am going to hang out with Bailey tonight as Sarah is at youth, and Todd is helping with the Valentine's Banquet at church tonight. Talk to you all later in the week!

3 comments:

Susan said...

I had so much fun last night! It is a time to recharge a Mother's Power to be Mom again when you get back home!

Anonymous said...

Glad you got your time away and that it makes you all better. Keep praying about your church...this is such a hard time in many faiths.

Anonymous said...

sqqhfsNicxe to hear you had a fun time with your friend, you always need time for yourself. It does make you a better person all the way around.
Isn't there a board in the church who takes action when a pastor get's out of control. He needs to get his ass reamed and a new attitude towards the flock he is suppose to be attending. Folks should start a write in to who ever is above this guy.
Love you,
Dad