Thursday, April 24, 2008

Back to Reality/Relay Update




Well, we are back from our cruise and I can post pictures from Relay now. Let me see if I can catch you up.....

Relay went very well. Everyone had a great time and Todd stayed all night with his team. I on the other hand had to leave early cuz Bailey started feeling bad. They decorated our tent in a disco theme. Todd's boss showed up from Macon to "check out what he was doing"...he was shocked as to how big it was and very impressed with the community spirit and involvement. He got to see when Todd was presented with a plaque for being what is called an Emerald Sponsor. The event went very well with a lot of money being raised for cancer research. Thank you to all of our friends and family that donated to our team. Team Longhorn raised over $2400 which is great for our small little restaurant. Tift County was number one in the nation last year for a county of our size and they were shooting for it again this year with a goal of $350,000 total. They were very close to the goal when I had to leave at around 9:30ish. Bailey started feeling bad which got me very nervous as we were leaving for our surprise vacation the next day.

The next morning we woke up and she was feeling fine, so we headed to Florida for our trip. The girls thought we were going to Cocoa Beach. We spent the night there and woke up the next morning trying to buy for time before we had to be at the port. We decided to go "look at the yachts" down on the water. We made a bunch of wrong turns on purpose to make it look like we didn't know where we were going. Then Sarah saw the cruise ships and asked if we could go down and take some pictures of the ships. We said okay if we "could find our way"....well needless to say we found them and then told the girls we were going on a cruise. Sarah wouldn't believe me when I told her, and Bailey told Sarah not to argue about it....It was so fun, and they were so excited! I have added the video of when we just pulled into the port area and we told them....not the best video in the world, but you can get an idea of how they found out. The girls were so cute and so grateful for the trip. They just kept saying how they couldn't believe it was really happening and how they couldn't thank us enough. When they saw the ship, they were in awe. It was a great trip and I will post pictures tomorrow of all of our highlights. We had one mishap on the trip, but it of course made it memorable. Bailey came down with strep throat....hence the not feeling good the night of Relay. We got to visit the ship's infirmary, so that added to the fun, but once she got her medicine in her she was great!

Well, for now, just enjoy the video of the surprise, and I will update tomorrow with pictures and more stories.

Have a great night......I am going to bed.....I need a vacation from my vacation! LOL
Here is the video:

3 comments:

Susan said...

I can't believe she made you swear~You should not lie to your children so much that they don't believe you!!Love the video and I am so glad you all had fun~with the exception of the trip to the infirmary! Can't wait to hear all the details!

Anonymous said...

I have no idea where my first comment went that I wrote early this AM....cyber space maybe.
I think I said.....sooooo cool. I am glad you all had a good time and thank heavens for meds. The video was great and I am glad the surprise worked,,,,,you liar. I also mentioned that I was impressed with the video and all your electronic knowledge. I can't remember if Todd mentioned anyone getting to relax, hope so. Love you all. Let's see if this goes out in the wild blue younder.

Anonymous said...

ccxhtvviWe liked the look on their faces Nadine. You got to save this video for the future, so they can look back on that special moment.

They have Great Parents who really have their best interest at heart constantly.

We love you all, Nana & Papa in the N. Country