Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Student of the Month





Bailey was nominated by her teacher for Student of the Month for the month of March. They had a breakfast at school to honor the kids that got it yesterday. She was so proud. I am too. We had a nice breakfast together, and the two of us just giggled at each other, being silly, I guess. The top two pictures are us sharing breakfast, and Bailey with her treat bag and certificate she received. The bottom two pictures are of the group of kids that got it, and Bailey with her principal, Dr. Smith.

The nomination from her teacher, Ms. Dozier, read:

I nominate Bailey Cook for our Student of the Month for March. Each morning, she comes in and gets all of her work done. She is always kind to her classmates, and if anyone is ever hurt on the playground or at recess, she always helps them. Bailey is a beautiful girl on the inside and outside. I am so glad to have Bailey in my class. She will forever hold a special place in my heart.


Todd is headed home tonight from Miami, so I will get to hear all about his trip, and find out how much our benefits etc are changing.


We have church activities this evening after we pick Sarah up from Brigade practice, which is where the marching band kids from the high school (called the Tift County Blue Devil Brigade) come to the middle school to work with the rising 9th graders on basic marching skills, calls, and formations. She has Brigade all week, so she has been extra tired.


I had a good day today at school, except for the fact that "poop" boy decided to stomp on a red ant hill today. He was coated within seconds with ants, and we had to strip his pants, shirt, socks and shoes off of him to get all the ants off of him. Now did he get any bites on him.....NO, of course not. But I on the other hand, got bites all over my feet and my arms, trying to save him......grrrr! I will survive, but part of my evil little self wished he would have gotten a few bites of his own....in parts unknown........LOL


I guess that is all for now. Have a good day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bailey looks so thrilled after getting the nomination as student of the month. The reality is she is our student of the month for all 12 months.

I would have been a little slower in helping that kid, because the smell of his poop probably kept the ants from bitting him.
Love you all,
Papa & Nana from the N. Country

Susan said...

Congrats Bailey!!!

Anonymous said...

BABYDOLL, Gramma is SOOOO PROUD!!!! great pictures and article.

Anonymous said...

Aunt Melissa and Uncle Steve are very proud of Bailey...We would not expect any less of her. Congrats Baily we love you and are very proud of you!