Monday, December 24, 2007

Our Holiday Tradition




Yesterday was our annual baking day. We baked all day....from 10 am until about 4:30 pm. We were tired by the end of the day and didn't want to see another cup of sugar....just kidding, but we did bake a lot. Every year the girls and I bake all kinds of goodies from cookies to fudge to Irish Potato Candy. The girls look forward to it each year. What do we do with all of it you ask....we put together goodie trays for the fire department, the sheriffs office, the post office, and of course the servers at daddy's restaurant, and then the girls deliver them on Christmas Eve. This is our family's way of saying thank you to the community helpers.
So we got up early this morning and put our trays together and started our deliveries. I thought it was so funny when Sarah said this morning, "Mom, when I have kids I am gonna do this with them". It was like an ah ha moment for me that I have started a tradition with my children that may continue on with my grandkids someday. It was kinda a cool moment for me. Bailey was so cute when she went into the fire department. As she gave the tray to them, she said, "Merry Christmas and thanks for keeping our community safe." It was a neat moment.....and to be honest, I have to admit, I look forward to it just as much as the kids.
Well we are headed to church around 6:00 tonight, and then it will be early to bed for the kiddos. I am sure I will post pictures in the morning of all the goodies!
And of course I want to say how much I love each and every one of you, and how grateful I am to have you each in my life. I am a very blessed person, and Christmas is great time to reflect on that, but I know it every day. May you all have a blessed and relaxing Christmas, and always remember the true meaning of Christmas......
Taking a quote from one of my favorite movies/books....The first Christmas gift was LOVE!
Merry Christmas!
Love to all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love you with all our hearts
uncle wynn and aunt renee