Saturday, March 1, 2008

Blessings....

We have had a great week, and I find myself wanting to celebrate a few blessings we have had happen this week.

First off, Todd's Uncle Al came through his surgery great yesterday. The doctors were able to remove all of the tumor from his brain. We still don't know if it was benign or malignant, but he made it through this part just fine. They didn't even have to make an incision since they went through his nostril. Isn't modern medicine amazing? So thanks for your prayers, but let's keep praying the tumor is benign.

Second, Todd and I found out that we are getting a tax refund.....we thought we were going to owe big time. Todd's company's buyout meant that we had received a bunch of money back in the buyout of our stocks which we were gonna have to pay taxes on. Well, our CPA called this week and said we were getting money back. But here is the amazing part...Todd and I have fought feverishly for the past year to get out of the debt. We have had one credit card left and the amount of our tax refund is for the EXACT amount of that credit card balance!!! So we are officially debt free as of this week!!! We owe nothing except our house which we are actually ahead of the game on our mortgage too. We should have the mortgage paid off in the next 8 years! I am so excited! It has been a long road trying to get ourselves to this point. I feel like the weight of the world is off of my shoulders when it comes to finances. We took a class last year at our chuch called Financial Peace University, and it was probably the best class we could have ever taken. It came in our lives at the right time. It was a wonderful experience not only for our financial situation, but a great experience for our marriage as well. Todd and I communicate better than we ever have about finances which has always been a gray area for us. We recommend the class to anyone, and if you knew where we were, you wouldn't use the excuse "they don't know our situation". Anyone can do it! So needless to say, we are happy, happy, happy!

Finally, Todd and I are blessed to be able to go to Savannah together today and tomorrow. We are gonna just spend the evening and day together tomorrow wandering around Savannah, relaxing! Tomorrow night, we are going to see Celtic Women in concert. It is gonna be a fantastic concert. I love them. You may have seen them on PBS, as they had a special on which aired quite a bit. As many of you, I am extremely PROUD of my Irish heritage, and I love anything relating to it. We are actually gonna hang out at an irish pub tonight to listen to some music and just enjoy each others company. Something we don't get to do to often with the craziness of our lives. I keep wanting to go to Savannah for St. Patrick's Day as it is the second largest celebration in the country, but it just ends up not working each year, so this is gonna be my Irish outing. I will post pictures on Monday.

So as I am counting my blessings, I hope you will take a moment to count yours! I often times find myself complaining, and in all reality, I have nothing to complain about. I am so lucky.....so lucky!

Hugs to all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO BLESSED, YES YOU ALL ARE.....next week at this time you will be able to post your birthday pictures in NEW YORK, yeah. GOD loves you all and so do I.

Anonymous said...

SO happy to hear Todd's Uncle made it out of surgery okay. And as for the tax refund...rub it in you southern bell! Love your sister in NY, the state that taxes all and takes it all after you've paid so much already!

Anonymous said...

Hope you both had a wonderful time this past weekend. Love, Steve and Melissa

Anonymous said...

Now that your debt free! How about a loan?? I need some new toys!

Glad Al made it through his surgrey.

I know you you enjoy the Irish Ladies Sunday.
Love you all,

Dad North Country