Monday, March 17, 2008

When Irish Eyes Are Smiling


Happy St. Patrick's Day!!! May the Luck of the Irish be with everyone!!! 'Tis a wonderful day to be Irish....even for those that are German! Today is one of my favorite days of the year!!!! This holiday ranks right up there with Christmas in my eyes! You have to know I am extremely proud of my Irish heritage! Someday I will be celebrating St. Patrick's Day in Ireland, and when that happens my Irish eyes will be smiling BIG TIME!!!! We had a very fun day at the preschool and at my house celebrating the wearing o' the green! My day started off with me making pancakes for my girls in the shape of shamrocks with Irish music blarring in the background. Bing Crosby singing "When Irish Eyes are Smilin' " and "Oh Danny Boy" and then on to Ceili Rain and then Celtic Women!!! We got all dressed up in our Irish garb.....complete with green hair clips for the girls and flashing shamrock necklaces! I got to embarass my daughters by having Irish music blarring from the car stereo when I dropped them off at carpool.....just a funny thing I like to do each year. At the preschool, we danced the irish jig, made Irish Potato Candy, went on a leprechaun gold hunt, put on Irish shamrock tattoos, and drank green juice! One of my children even pinched his mommy cuz she didn't have any green on.....I told the kids that is why we have to wear green....so we don't get pinched....well he took me seriously. His mom laughed and she said "Nadine, what are you teaching my child?" To which I replied, "I am teaching him to be sure you wear green on St. Patrick's Day!!!" We both laughed so hard.
I really had fun with the kids today. Then tonight, we went to get my traditional Corned Beef and Cabbage meal at Cracker Barrel, which happens to be the only place in Georgia, I think, that makes it. Well, I was a bit disappointed because it was WAY, WAY overcooked....it was more like Corned Beef Jerky. Oh well......
Todd just left for Dublin.....Georgia that is. He is going to help another store out with their food cost, so he will be gone for 2 days. He was all excited cuz he weighed in again today and he lost another 4 pounds. He is down to 179.5. He hasn't been in the 170's since high school. He is actually 3 lbs. lighter than he was when we got married! He has 2 weeks left until the end of the competition. I am so proud of him! Who knows how much he will lose in the next two weeks! He never ceases to amaze me.
Well, I guess that is all now. I hope you all have a wonderful evening! Irish Hugs!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are toooooo much, fun picture. Glad your day was perfect. Love you all.

Susan said...

I am so glad your day was wonderful & full of Irish Luck! But I am so glad you didn't take me to school with loud Irish tunes otherwise all my friend (1 at school) would have laughed at me! Just Kidding! I am glad your day was fun!

Anonymous said...

You all look Irish and we are glad it was a fun day for everyone at the Cook's house.
May the wind always be at your backs and may the roads rise up to meet you all,
Papa & Nana