Sunday, March 30, 2008

Weekend Highlights







Well, we have survived the weekend. We are extremely exhausted, but we had a fun time.
Saturday was full of fun for Bailey, as her daddy and her went to the hunting land. They left at 7:30 am, and had breakfast on the way. They got to the hunting land around 10:00 and spent the day riding on the four wheeler, shooting at targets, and just having a wonderful daddy-daughter date time. She told him that it was the "best birthday present ever"! She was all a chatter this morning telling me all about it.

Sarah and I were up at 4:30 getting ready for our long day ahead. We got to Atlanta for the competition and the kids did fantastic! Sarah played her solo absolutely flawless. She was so cute cuz she was so nervous, her little leg was just a bouncing on stage. When it was all over, we headed to Six Flags over Georgia. The kids were all excited, but unfortunately they only got to ride one ride.....the skies opened up and it rained on and off all day. Everytime it would stop, we would get in line for another ride, and then just as we were about to get on the ride, they would close it down and it would start to rain again. It was so disappointing for the kids. I was also SHOCKED at how expensive the food was!!! Sarah and I had a burger and fries with a drink and it was $41. No lie! The cokes were $5 each, and a slice of pizza was $12. I almost had a heart attack. Then, they don't have those cute little cubbies to stick your bags in while you ride the rides....instead they now have lockers at each ride where you have to pay $1 for each ride to store your stuff. You are not allowed in line if you have any kind of bag, hat, sunglasses etc. You have to put it in a locker.....what a money making scam that was. I could have mortgaged my house for what we spent in food and locker fees.......and the part that stunk was even if you got knocked off the ride due to rain, you still lost your locker fee. So that added a bit of frustration to the day. But at the end of the day, although we were soaked to the bone, tired and frustrated, the kids got great news. At the awards ceremony in the park where all the schools gathered to hear the results, we found out that there were schools from as far as New York and Kentucky. The kids found out they took 1st place in the Middle School Concert Band and then took 1st place in Overall standings!!!! They got Superior ratings which is the highest you can make in both catagories. They got a big trophy for each catagory and also the experience alone was worth the trip! They were so proud of themselves! We finally arrived back in Tifton around 10:30 last night.

Today we had Bailey's webkinz birthday party! She had a great time and all her friends showed up! They made collars, crowns, and visors for their animals. They got to take their animal to the vets, Dr. Quack (alias Sarah), for a check-up, and then pamper their animals at the Webkinz salon. They had a 'gem hunt' in the gym to finish up the fun before cake and ice cream and presents! The kids all had fun, I think. I personally am exhausted after it all! It is hard for me to believe she is 9 tomorrow. She has grown up so quick! I just can't believe both of my girls are growing before my eyes. Bailey has always been my drama queen, and from the day she was born to today, she makes me laugh and just shake my head! She is the most unique child, and I love her love of life and her caring heart! She makes my heart happy, and I am so glad God blessed us with her.

We finished up our day, by getting Todd home to pack, only to head to Jacksonville to catch his flight to Miami for the GM Conference for the next 3 days. He will be home on Wednesday night. We will of course miss him while he is gone.

Well, I think that is all the updates for now! I hope you have a great week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ALL I CAN SAY is WOW, I am tired just reading all about the excitement and oh so proud of Sarah. Glad Bailey was pleased with her whole weekend. Love ya all.

Anonymous said...

Great Job Sarah, you make us proud!

Baliey had a unforgetable 9 yr. birthday, because of her Mom & Dad,

Way to go Todd & Nadine!!!

Love you all,
Dad & Sharon

Anonymous said...

Great Job Sarah, you make us proud!

Baliey had a unforgetable 9 yr. birthday, because of her Mom & Dad,

Way to go Todd & Nadine!!!

Love you all,
Dad & Sharon