Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Busy Week

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. We have just been keeping busy with our normal day to day things. Sarah has had a busy week with practices for her consumer judging competition on Thursday for 4H. She also has had a lot of after school club meetings too. Todd took the girls out to eat last night for their daddy daughter date night, and to give me a chance to have a break as well. I "kidnapped" my girlfriend, Susan, and we went out to eat dinner. We had a pleasant evening, but are now thinking that our Ruby Tuesday's here in town is the new gay man hang out. Not 100% on that, but there were an awful lot of men couples coming in and hanging at the bar together....not in a so manly fashion. And what is up with plaid shirts....it seemed like every man had one on. We laughed about it quite a bit last night. We think we should send our husbands there to scope out the situation....or get hit on.....LOL
I finally got my haircut yesterday as well, which I need desparately. I was feeling like the Shaggy DA for a while there. I, of course, am the most style challenged person on the face of the planet, therefore my hair never looks like it does when I come home from the salon, but that is okay too because sometimes she makes me a bit too poofy!
I got to go through Bailey's closet and get our winter clothes out. I need to do some shopping for Bailey for a few things and Sarah is in need of some warmer clothes as well, so sometime this weekend coming up I am gonna have to do that. The temperature here has finally gotten where you feel chilly. I even turned on the heat this morning cuz the house was so cold. It is supposed to get down to freezing tonight. I hope Todd keeps warm enough. He is at the hunting land, and I am not sure what he has to warm himself up. I think he has a heater, but I don't know if it is actually with him. He will be home tomorrow before the kids get home from school. My chore for tomorrow is to attempt to go through my closet too.
I finally have made all my doctor's appointments that I have been putting off. Us moms tend to put ourselves last when it comes to taking care of ourselves. Todd has been on me to get myself checked out etc. So I have a doctors appt. for a complete physical in mid-December. I am getting my eyes checked at the beginning of December. I am doing the gyno thing at the end of December, and finally I am getting my foot looked at again next week. I have been having pain in it again, and I am assuming it is scar tissue built up, but we will see. So for all of you who have been fussing at me to do this, I am finally doing it. I should be starting off the new year with a whole body check up. Hopefully I can then start the new year with a resolution of doing whatever the doctors all tell me I need to do. I have really been into Dr. Oz from Oprah, and as many of you know that is how I lost the final 20 lbs of baby weight that I carried for 13 years. I am now at my married weight, and proud of myself for getting there. I love Dr. Oz and I love his books...You: The Owners Manual, You: On a Diet, and now his new one is You: Staying Young. I really understand him and agree with all he has to say. I really am committing myself once the new year starts to follow his regime religiously. If you haven't read any of his stuff, I highly recommend it.
Well, I guess I have rambled enough for now. I have to get my girls and shuffle them to choir practice at church. Hope you all are having a good day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nadine, winter clothes?? are you really serious!! Fall clothes I think?

Your toe / foot hurts from all the driving you do.

Todd has a heater in the trailer he is in or didn't it have one?

Tell Sarah we said, good luck with her consumer project and we know she can do anything she set's her mind to do.

We love you all,
Dad

Anonymous said...

Just love your dad's comment...what is the price of your gas? Wish he would have commented on the plaid. I went to Kohls and then to Target, lots of them. Penney's ad this week too. Do you not like plaid? I think I already bought 2 for Todd. Just kidding but glad I know now. LOVE YOU....