Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Mighty Hunters


Well, they are off on their great adventure. Todd and Sarah just left a few minutes ago for their day of hunting together. I pray all goes well for both of them. Todd made her take a shower to get all her smelly girly stuff off, so the deer won't smell her.....please.......like I would have thought of that. I guess that is why I don't hunt. Next thing you know he will be putting doe pee on her so she smells like one to bring in the bucks. Whatever works I guess.....
Sarah got good news today. She was accepted into the TALK program which stands for Today's Aspiring Leaders....Kids. She had to apply to the program and get recommendations from her teachers, as well as having good grades. She will get to participate in quite a few programs. Next week she will go to the Chamber of Commerce for a congratulatory luncheon put on by the Chamber. She will get to attend a conference up at the State Capitol where she will meet with the governor as well, sometime later in the year. She will also participate in a lot of "community service" programs as well. She is very excited to be able to help with the Special Olympics and Relay for Life! I am so proud of her for doing this.
Bailey and I are going to hang out at the house tomorrow and put up Christmas decorations. We will do everything but the tree.....we are waiting for Sarah and Todd for that. We will probably do the tree on Thanksgiving, since it will be a quiet day at home for all of us. I ended up getting a head cold, which started yesterday. So I am not going to push myself too much.
I had my physical today, and I got a pretty good report. My cholesterol is good, as is my blood pressure. Overall no major problems. He did say I was severly anemic so he has me on a multivitamin with iron and an iron supplement, which could attribute to my constant tiredness, so maybe that will help. As far as my stomach problems I have had for so long, he thinks I do have Irritable Bowel Syndrome and has given me a prescription to take before meals that I know will trigger it. We are going to see if it helps. I will have to modify my diet a little bit too. And finally my glucose level was borderline high, so he is just gonna monitor that for a bit. I am gonna go back in a month to have these things checked again. He seemed pleased with my overall health though and told me to keep up what I was doing. I told him I was following Dr. Oz's plan, and he said it was a great one and that I would probably see good results......I just need to start exercising which I absolutely hate....but I gotta do what I gotta do.
I guess that is all for now. I hope you all have a good day tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I can not believe I saw my niece holding a GUN! But I do hope they have fun. I am glad your cholesterol and blood pressure are good. As for the IBS it is a good hypothesis but they can actually test you for several bowel disorders...and IBS can be confirmed if you choose to be more proactive in finding out the real cause. Remember with the iron... the normal side effects may lead to other GI issues that are simply due to the iron. But when you're anemic you got to do what you got to do! I love you! Melissa