Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving










Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you all had a very full day...no pun intended. We had a very relaxing day. We started the day off with watching the Thanksgiving Day parade on TV and decorating our tree in the sunroom. It is huge tree. I actually left one section out of it because it would have put another 2.5 feet on it, which as you can see from the picture, that would not have fit. The star is already scraping the ceiling. We actually did have enough ornaments though. I was a little nervous that we wouldn't have enough, but then when you collect all the ornament from 17 years of marriage, you tend to have a lot! The girls look forward to doing this every Thanksgiving. I guess you could say it is a tradition for us at this point. After decorating the tree, we finally got dressed and had a light lunch, and started the turkey. We played Scabble and watched football for most of the afternoon. We just got done eating and everything was really good. Our turkey was sooooo moist. It was scrumptious! We will now spend the rest of the evening relaxing and just hanging out. This is the kind of Thanksgiving I like....no pressures!
The mighty hunters didn't come home with a deer, but Todd did say he saw a doe. Sarah enjoyed herself and asked to go again, so I guess it was a success in itself! The amazing thing is that Sarah sat still from 6:30 am until 10:00 am!
Well as I close this post, I just want to tell you all how thankful I am for all of you. Each and everyone of you has blessed my life in your own special way. I hope you all take the time before you close your eyes tonight to say an extra thanks to God for all you have. There are so many that are less fortunate than us. I truly hope this upcoming holiday season will be one of joy and thanksgiving each and everyday. I love you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your tree looks GREAT, trimming it on Thanksgiving will be a wonderful tradition for the girls to remember with all good times they had with their mom & dad.

Love you all,
Dad & Sharon