Saturday, November 10, 2007

Wreath Fundraising Project


Okay, besides me looking like I am constipated in the picture....actually it was the sun in my eyes, but boy can you see my face aging, ahhhhh......this is a picture of a wreath I made for Longhorn for a fundraising project here in town. The Agrirama is a local tourist attraction that is a working farm town set in the late 1800's. The Agrirama Foundation does a fundraiser/silent auction on decorated wreaths. The local businesses buy an empty wreath and then decorate it. The silent auction takes place on 3 different times where all the wreaths are on display. The first is at the John Berry(country singer) concert on Nov. 17th, the second is at the actual Agrirama, and the final is at the Hometown Holiday celebration here in our town. I did this last year as well and my wreath placed 2nd out of like 110 wreaths, and sold for $105. I am not thinking I am gonna do as well this year because we only had this weekend to get the wreath ready, so this was a rush job, and I didn't get to put as much thought into it as I would have liked to. It still turned out cute if I don't say so myself, but it is definitely not my best work. You get to pick any theme you want. I already did a western theme last year, and was hoping to be able to do something different this year, but after having to run to the craft store last night, I had to get what I could get, and unfortunately they didn't have enough of the theme I wanted which was a "it's five o'clock somewhere/Jimmy Buffet/beach" theme. I thought since so many people here either have beach homes and/or go to the beach, it would have been a good selling item, but I won't get to find that out now, will I? I still think this one will do well, and since it is for Longhorn, I guess it is okay that it is a western them again. We will see how it does.
My house is a mess from crafting this and other stuff, and I have laundry to get done as well as other chores, so I better get off the computer to start cleaning up. I just thought I would share this with you, and once in a while I will get in a picture instead of being behind the camera...although this picture tells me I am better off taking the picture, not being in it.....I hate getting old!
Have a good weekend!
PS Dad, the girls have decided to boycott talking to you until you give them the answer they want to hear!!!! LOL

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the girls want someone to be home for Christmas~And who could turn down those sweet and loving girls? Love the wreath!
S~

Anonymous said...

I think it is a great wreath. Congrats. I hope you do well in the judging. I certainly hope your dad hurrys up with his answer so the girls talk to him again soon. And....my computer shows a lovely "lady" and no wrinkles.....love you honey, proud of you as usual....mom

Anonymous said...

ME!!
Love Dad
ps Great wreath!

Anonymous said...

You are to hard on yourself...your beautiful and talented...and I am very proud of you! Love Melissa