Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween Hayride


We had so much fun on our Halloween Hayride at the Langston's house. We had two trailers full of kids and adults. Beth and David did a great job being hosts with a yummy dinner for us to eat before we headed out to get our loot! The kids had so much fun, and I had fun getting them all singing "Trick or Treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat. If you don't, I don't care, I'll just pull down your underwear!" I am sure all the other parents appreciated my input on this, but who really cares....the kids and I thought it was fun! Sarah was sweet enough to help the little ones on and off the trailer and helped them get up to the doors. Bailey said she would share her candy with her sister, since she couldn't trick or treat. The pictures show Bailey with a friend she reacquainted herself with. This little girl was in Bailey's preschool class when we first moved to Tifton, so she was excited to see her. Sarah is with John Thomas Langston in the picture. Sarah babysat him and his sister, Mary Catherine, a lot this summer. Sarah and John Thomas have a special "bond" between them that I think is very sweet.

Bailey got lots of candy and was still wanting to trick or treat when we were done. We headed home, but on the way home we stopped at Sarah's band/flute teacher's house for a quick trick or treat. She was so excited we stopped because she had only 3 kids stop by, and she had tons of candy. She was loading up Bailey's bag and Sarah's pockets to get rid of it. Somehow, I ended up leaving her house with a bottle of white wine that she gave me. That made the stop worthwhile right there! LOL We really did have a fun night and we hope you all had a great Halloween as well.
Thanks so much to Beth and David for a wonderful evening!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tell you what...our little nieces are just the cutest in the world! I culdn't wait to see what they dressed up as! Love you guys, Melissa

Anonymous said...

The girls looked GREAT as usual. Wish they were here.

I did not have one Trick or Treater here. It is great to live at the end of a private road. Compared to the almost 400 kids coming to our door when we lived in Lakeview.

love you all,
Dad

Anonymous said...

Tell Sarah I will bring her some candy for helping our last night. The hayride of 40 kids were the only goblins down my street! Have way too much candy here!
S~

Anonymous said...

Question, how come Todd is not in these pics with his new shorts/costume????? I think they show a little in the pumpkin carving pics? Fun Fun story....the visual has been a chuckling time for me several times.