Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Random Thoughts

Not much to report on our end.
Moses started back to school yesterday and was very happy to be back in a routine.
Todd and I attended the Relay for Life Kickoff luncheon today at the UGA Conference Center. Hopefully Team Longhorn will have another great year like we did last year. For family and friends who are not here with us, Tift County placed #1 in the nation for the last Relay. We hope to kick off all the fundraisers for it starting at the beginning of the new year. As many of you know, cancer has hit our family hard, and Todd and I take the Relay event very seriously. I hope you will continue to support us and the American Cancer Society this year. I will send out more information at a later date.
I found it kind or ironic that the kickoff was today, which was my mother and grandfather's birthdays, both of whom lost their battles with cancer. I sometimes feel like that is God's way of keeping their memories alive with me, and the desire to help the fight in finding a cure for this dreadful disease. It is hard for me to believe that my mom has been gone 20 years this month, as it seems like yesterday...everyday of my life. And to know my grandfather has been gone for two years now just seems so unreal. I miss them and my grandmother, whom I lost this year to cancer as well, so much! I know they say time heals all wounds and life goes on, but for me it has been a very spiritual journey that has had some tough moments in it, and all I know is that my mom, my gramma and my grampa are all looking down on us, proud of all of their family and living in eternal happiness with Him. I wish mom and grampa were here to sing happy birthday to together, as we always did. But then again, for those of you that know the story, grampa fooled us all, and it should have been sung a month ago! Anyway...Happy Birthday Mom and Grampa....Happy Birthday to you!
Hug those you love tight and tell them you love them!

P.S. Dad....41 days left to see smiling faces......LOL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nadine, as you miss them I miss them 10 fold everyday.
Love you,
Dad

Anonymous said...

41 days?? does that mean that you all will be coming to Henderson Harbor for Christmas this year??
Love you all,
Dad

Anonymous said...

Regardless of dates..we will always remember the good times. Love, Melissa