Wednesday, November 28, 2007

My Favorite Sesame Street Skit

Okay, I know this is not the most mind pressing post here, but I just was on the internet doing a search on a new DVD set that has been released, and now I know I have to get it eventually just because this skit is on it. As many of you know, I LOVE Sesame Street!!!! It is probably the best television program ever for children and blows today's kid programs out of the water. Classic Sesame is the best and there will be nothing ever to come close to it! Well I found out that there are two DVD boxed sets that have come out (vol 1 and 2) called Sesame Street Old School. They are classic Sesame Street from the first seasons of the show.....pre-Elmo years!
My all-time favorite skit is the Kermit the Frog Newsflash.....Rapunzel skit. I laugh every time I see it. I just think it is so funny....Todd doesn't understand me on this at all. I told him I could be having the worst day ever and if I see this skit, I laugh. I don't know what it is....the Brooklyn accent, her bald head,the fact Kermit annoys the prince, or the fact the prince tells her to shut up because he lost his horsie.....it is just one of those things for me. So for those of you who have never seen it, or for those of you who want to relive your childhood, or for those of you who just want to get a glimpse into my warped mind, I have posted a link to it. I found the skit on YouTube....it is a bit fuzzy and the sound needs to be turned all the way up to hear it, but it is priceless. I had to post it on my blog because Sesame Street is a part of who I am.

The link is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFOm-ngFbMg&search=1970's

If you can't click on it directly from this blog, just copy and paste it to your address line.

I really think I am gonna purchase the DVD's that came out, but I am gonna wait until after Christmas, just in case someone wants to surprise me with them ....Hint....Hint.....Just kidding!

Well, I know this is a strange post for tonight, but I have had a strange day, so it is only fitting. Hopefully tomorrow will be better! If not, I can just watch Sesame Street! Hugs to all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nadine, if you really want the DVD'S tell us where we can buy it for your Christmas gift.

Be sure to tell everyone else that we are going to purchase the DVD'S
Love you,
Dad & Sharon