Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Pumpkin Carving Time....the tradition continues





Our family tradition has always been that Daddy carves the pumpkins with the girls. Mommy just snaps the pictures. The funny thing is that the pictures look the same year after year with the same poses and carving stances....I was thinking as I was taking the pictures that I will never be able to distinguish which year is which if I ever get around to scrapbooking them with the exception of the fact that my girls look older and Todd gets grayer each year. LOL



We always carve the pumpkins the night before Halloween. And the girls look so forward to it. It is like a major deal here at our house. Daddy actually has to be sure he schedules himself off the night before Halloween as well as Halloween night. So tonight we are going to head over to Ms. Beth and Mr. David's house for the hay ride and trick or treating. I will post pictures of that tomorrow.



Although it is fun watching my children at Halloween, and I now get to be the "I need to check your candy to be sure it is safe" parent who really just does it to get first dibs, Halloween is more to me. I was actually reflecting on my childhood and the happy memories I have of trick or treating in my Gramma's neighborhood after we did our neighborhood. Man, did we bring home the loot! Trick or treating has always been a favorite of mine, probably because my parents made it fun for me and my sisters. And even as an adult, I always have called my Gramma on Halloween because she always made it special for us as well. This will be the first Halloween that I won't be calling her, but I know she is shining down on all of us, putting handfuls of candy into our buckets each day....they are just not candy anymore, they are blessings.



I hope you all had a Happy Halloween! And I hope you get lots of handfuls of candy each and every day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Todd has to start taking over with the camera so we see more of mamma....great pictures, good job girls.

Anonymous said...

I remember those days with Grandma too. It just doesn't seem as excting any more on Halloween without her. Love, Melissa

Anonymous said...

Every year the girls look more mature but they always have a different shirt on, this could be away to keep track of what halloween it was ??
Nadine , just like you remember the Halloween's from your younger years, your daughther's will have wonderful memories of you & Todd.
The girls are blessed to have you both as their parents.
Love you all,
Dad