Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Getting Back to Normal


Many of you have asked me how Moses is doing. Well, you can see by the picture, he is back to his smiling self again. He is healing slowly and is still out of school. They are hoping he will be able to start back to school in two weeks. He does have a tutor that comes every day for a few hours to keep him up on his work. He started physical therapy this week to start bending his leg again. Isn't it amazing he has no cast? He has been out in his yard a lot, walking around with the girls, just to get out of the house. He has a lady that sits with him during the day, and she is like a old bitty. She literally follows him every step he takes. He said, "she even follows me to the bathroom, and I am like, I got this thanks". She is not friendly at all. She just stares at you and never cracks a smile. I feel so sorry for him during the day when he is stuck there with her. He gets excited when the girls get home from school so he has someone to talk to. He said she can't even cook....she burned his hot dog for goodness sake....I just laugh at him when he is telling the story. So I got him a hot dog from a place here in Tifton called Shady Lane (which is his favorite) and he was grinning ear to ear when I walked in with it. So he is healing well and hopefully on the mend. He can't play football or any other sports for at least a year, which he is not happy about, but being he is just too young to understand the consequences if he messes up his leg again, he will just learn to get over it.

As you can see in the other picture, Todd enjoyed fishing in the pond this afternoon. Reilly, our dog, was hanging right by his side the whole time. He caught one small fish but that was all.
As you can see in the picture, our back pond water level is way down....you can see the rust on the fence post as to where it normally is at. Although we are not in such a severe drought like Atlanta is, we are still low on water. When we went up there this past weekend, we went over one of the main lakes up there....not Lanier that you hear about on the news, but Lake Allatoona which is another corps lake that supplies water to the metro area. Let me tell you, they are not joking on the news. The lake was literally empty....with new grass sprouting on the floor of what should be a lake. In the 15 years we were in Atlanta, I never have seen the lake like that. It was kinda scary. Although, there was still water flowing in the mountain streams, the lakes were literally barren land. I am sorry, but the mussels and whatever other wildlife they are trying to save in Florida with our water in Atlanta can die for all I care....people are more important. And after seeing what I saw, I would be very nervous if I lived up there!

Well, I guess that is all for now. I need to get the kids to church for choir etc. I hope you are all having a good week!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Moses. Great to see him up and about. Nice to see my baby doin what he craves.......

Anonymous said...

Todd looks like he is in his element! Riley looks adorable! Love, Melissa

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to see Sarah's friend is doing so much better! The girls look wonderful as always!

Anonymous said...

Nice to see Moses smiling and getting around.

A man & his dog there is nothing like it, the fishing is just a relaxing activity but being with your dog is priceless.
Love you,
Dad