Sunday, October 7, 2007

Fun at the Fair!!!





We had a great time yesterday. It was our anniversary, and my surprise was that Todd took off for the day, which is totally not what I expected because he just got back from vacation, and technically is a big no-no, but he got it cleared with his boss, and took me to the fair. We thought we would get to ride on our favorite ride together which is the scrambler, but they ended up not having one, so we just ate our sorrows out in fair food....awww poor us. The Georgia fair is about an hour and a half from here, so we headed out in the morning and spent the entire day there. The girls had a great time on the rides and holding the animals. This fair is like the Erie County fair, complete with rides, animal barns, food and exhibit buildings. We were so tired by the end of the day, but we had a great time. The girls favorite animal was the Nigerian Dwarf goats which is what Bailey is holding in her picture. They are the cutest things, and they don't get much bigger than that. They both were begging to get one as a pet, which to be honest if it was allowed in our neighborhood, I would have probably caved in on that one cuz they are sooooo sweet. However, our neighborhood has covenants that we can't have livestock, so we had to leave the sweet things behind. Todd was relieved. They also enjoyed holding the chicks.

Although most women would be appalled if their husbands didn't get them a gift for their anniversary, this was probably the best gift Todd could give me, a day with him and the girls, uninterrupted by outside forces, just having fun together. I guess as the years together go on, you realize that the monetary gifts are useless. I don't need jewelery, perfume, or other things like that. I just want time.....quality time making memories.
Todd and I were talking in bed last night about how much our lives have changed over the past 17 years together, and how much we have been through. We talked about my grandparents, and how much they must have been through together in their 71 years of marriage. We both said we can only hope and pray to have that much time together and to have a love like theirs was. I know they had some wonderful memories, and in the end, I know they didn't hold grudges over whether or not they had gotten "stuff" from each other....they just had love and each other, and that is all each one of us needs. I have wonderful examples in my life of lasting marriages and sticking it out through thick and thin, no matter what....and I thank my family for providing that for me. I believe that is part of why I am where I am in my life. Todd and I hope to provide that for our girls as well, and I think we are well on our way. Although there are times when we both go....AHHHHH!....we know we both truly love each other in the deepest possible way. I hope you all find that sense of serenity in your own lives.
Be safe this upcoming week, and for now I will close, as I go and get ready for the day, I will have to step on the scale to see how much of that fair food went to my hips.....LOL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nadine, sounds and looks like you had a GREAT day together. You have a GREAT marriage and life together. Cherish everyday and moment together and keep making those wonderful memories.
Love you All,
Dad & Sharon

Anonymous said...

Bailey and Sarah -
You look like you are having a great time! Can't wait to see the goats myself.

Love,
Mary Catherine

Anonymous said...

Todd and Nadine, ditto the message from Ray and Sharon.....mom