Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Ramblings.....

Well, I don't have any pictures to post today, believe it or not. I actually have had a quiet few days, which is new and different in my world.

Saturday, we did go to Valdosta and got the needed outfits for Sarah for 4H and band, and Bailey found her Halloween costume. She is going to be a Snow Princess, which is kinda funny if you think of the fact that we live in South Georgia. It is a cute costume though, and I will obviously post pictures of her in it on Halloween.

We went to church on Sunday, and then came home to finish up laundry and finish up the wedding invitations I am making for my nephew, Aubrey, and his fiancee, Krystal. I finally have completed 170 invitations, and I hope they like them. I am in search of a good sturdy box to ship the invites to them hopefully this week.

Yesterday was kinda quiet here, as well. The girls had school and Sarah had 4H Jr. Crew after school. The 4Her's picked up trash along the highway that the 4H Club adopted. She said several people came out and thanked them kids for cleaning up the ditches/roads in front of their homes. Sarah got a first hand account of how much people litter. I thought it was a great learning experience for her. Todd and I snuck off for a little bit for a milkshake date in the evening. Nothing better than ending your day with a caramel apple shake from Steak and Shake!

Sarah got her 1st nine week exam grades back and her end of quarter average is a 94....which with Algebra in that mix, I am extremely proud of her. Bailey had to make a big decision this weekend as well. They had a "challenge" put out to the kids in the county to get a certain number of accelerated reader points in by a certain date, and if you completed the task, you get the opportunity to walk out on the field at Friday's football game, you get your name on the score board, a tee shirt and a wrist band. She was a little behind in AR points than normal, so she had to read a lot of books to get there. Well she did it, and I was so happy for her. Well, then she figured out that the day she is supposed to walk on the field is at the same time that we are going up to the north Georgia mountains for the weekend...which happens to be this coming weekend. I told her that if she really wanted to stay home and walk on the field for her accomplishment, then we would stay and not go up to the mountains. I told her it was completely up to her. She said, "Mom, I think we should go to the mountains. I know I worked hard for my points, but the football field thing is only 2 minutes long, and the mountain thing is 4 days....so duh, that is a no brainer." I cracked up! So we are off to the mountains this weekend.

The girls have fall break and get out early on Thursday. They are off Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. We are gonna head out on Thursday afternoon and stay until Sunday. We have to be back by Monday because they are having parent conferences at school, and Bailey has an orthodontist appointment as well. It is just gonna be just me and the girls because Todd is going hunting at the hunting land, as it is openning week of shotgun season. I am going to take the girls to get our Fall fix in. We will go to get our pumpkins, go to a few apple orchards, do a corn maze, visit a dairy farm, go panning for gold, and hit a few of the fall festivals that are going on. I am excited to be going because I get to go to the mountains, where I am most at peace. Hopefully, we will get to take a hike up to a waterfall as well. It is funny because we are going to the same places we had spent most of our falls with the kids when we lived in Atlanta, but Bailey doesn't even remember them. I sometimes forget that she was only 4 when we moved to south Georgia, so her memories of our life up near Atlanta are sketchy. Sarah keeps telling her how fun it is, but Bailey, I think, really doesn't get it.
Well, I guess that is all for now. I don't want to bore you all with my ramblings. I have decided that this site is, in a way, my personal journal. I have looked back on some of the posts, and I have realized that this is a neat way to just document our everyday life and my feelings that go along with it. I hope some of you enjoy getting a small glimpse into our lives, and maybe understanding who I am as a person, a mom and a wife.
Have a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great update, you all enjoy your time away.....hope it is everything that you want it to be and more and I hope, Todd gets what he is after also. love ya all, mom