Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Sarah....my soloist

As a mom, there are times when you are bursting with pride, and tonight was one of those nights. Sarah had been asked at the beginning of the school year to do a solo on her flute with the chorus. She was extremely nervous about it, but tonight was the performance, and she did fabulous. She is so talented, I was grinning from ear to ear. But I am entitled to be....I am her mom and she could have played like doo doo and I would still think she did great, but in all reality, she played it perfect. I was saying prayers the whole time for her, and God must have heard them cuz she pulled it off.
On a sad note when I got out of the concert, I had a message on my phone that my dad and Sharon's dog, Ozzie died. I feel so bad for them, as some of you know that Ozzie was their constant companion. I will even admit to calling her my furry sister at times. I hurt for them and the loss of Ozzie. Bailey and Sarah got very upset. Bailey was almost unconsolable for a while there. I told her that maybe my Gramma Walty needed Ozzie in heaven to take care of her up there. I think that made her feel a little better. You don't think the loss of an animal could affect a family the way it does until you go through it on your own. So Dad and Sharon, if you are reading this, I am so sorry for your loss. I know she is irreplacable in your heart!
Well, I will sign off for now. I have to get the kids tucked in bed.
Have a good day tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad Sarah was a hit~Sounds like she takes after her Mom! I am sorry to hear about your "Furry Sister". Being an animal lover that is a tough loss to experience. Good Days or Bad Days an animal loves you, listens to you and never tells your secrets but most of all they become a big part of you! Love & prayers go to your family.

Anonymous said...

Great performance Sarah! Keep up the excellent flute playing, music is good for the soul, as they say.
Love you,
Papa & Nanna Walty

PS We do miss Ozie very very much!