Saturday, October 20, 2007

Walk a mile in my shoes (or two or three or......)





Okay....I can officially say my girls wore me out today. We walked more today then ever! We started the day off by heading to Dahlonega for the craft show. That picture is directly above. I didn't take the picture to show you all complete strangers, I took it to show you the amount of people and the size of this thing. This is just one small side street of the thing. They literally close down the entire downtown area. We covered all of it which took us about 5 hours. This is one of the top 10 craft shows in the South, so you can imagine the size of the crowd! We saw a lot of cute stuff, but once again I was too cheap to buy any of it because I always say "I can make that myself", but then I never do....but I am gonna this time!
After we walked all of the streets of downtown Dahlonega, we were going to go panning for gold, but the traffic was unbelievable going the direction we needed to go, so we kinda just drove around for a bit and then we happened upon Uncle Shuck's Corn Maze. It is a huge corn maze! The paths within the corn field cover 4.2 miles, and we did them all! You can see from the pictures the girls disagreed many a time over which direction to go. This maze had 12 stations you had to visit to "punch" your card to get out. I have to say, Sarah has really impressed me with her sense of direction and map skills. She actually got us through the entire maze in approximately an hour and a half, which is pretty good time if you saw the size of this thing.
We finished up our day at Sarah's favorite event of the weekend...shopping at the North Georgia Premium Outlets. She was so funny....she was plotting her attack on the stores. I personally wanted to plot my butt in a chair and relax! LOL She found some great deals at Aeropostale.....shirts for $1.80, hooded sweatshirt for $4.50, and more shirts for $3 each. She was a happy camper to say the least!
We just got in at the hotel and it is almost 8:00 at night. I am ready to crash. My legs are hurting from all the walking, but we truly have had a good time. I really don't know what the plans are for tomorrow, and that is okay. That is what has made this trip fun. We are just doing what we want as we happen upon it, if we want to. The only definite for tomorrow is that we will head back to Tifton in the afternoon. Bailey actually was crying at the outlets because she didn't want to "leave the mountains". I told her I loved it here too, but that all good things come to an end, and we would come back again next fall.
Well, I am gonna sign off for tonight. I hope you all are having a good weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You ladies look so good and I am happy that you all get to do so many things together.
Papa & Nanna
Henderson Harbor

Anonymous said...

Wow~You have truly been very busy ladies this weekend! Tell Bailey I would be cring too if I had to leave that beautiful area to come back to our flat town! Take care and drive careful!