Monday, September 17, 2007

Fall Fun!

Aren't these the cutest little pumpkins? I am making bunches of them for teacher/friend gifts. You wouldn't guess what is inside them.....a roll of toilet paper! You just wrap a piece of fabric around the roll and tuck the excess in the middle of the roll. The stem is made of a lunch bag crumpled up and pushed down in the center. There is a green pipe cleaner wrapped around the bag with a felt leaf attached to one end and it coiled up on the other. I just think they are too cute. You could even use black felt and make pumpkin faces on them if you wanted. I just left them as pumpkins, cuz I like to decorate for the whole fall season, not just Halloween. I am probably the biggest fan of Fall! I absolutely love it....I love everything about it...it is truly my favorite time of the year. Although living in South Georgia, autumn is not what I am really used too. This is the one time of year that I really, really miss home. I miss the colors, the crispness in the air, the smells.....a pile of pine straw just isn't the same as a pile of maple leaves! So those of you who read this and are experiencing a true New England Fall.....I hate you! Just kidding....but I am jealous. So I just have to live vicariously through you and celebrate with my toilet paper pumpkins.....we can't even go and get a pumpkin from a pumpkin patch down here....Walmart here we come. I know it it pitiful. There is one patch about 45 minutes away, but the pumpkins are shipped in and they look all bumpy and pitiful. Friends of ours told us that they can't grow pumpkins down here due to the bugs......so remember how lucky you are to be able to go get a pumpkin from a real pumpkin patch! I better go now....I think I smell pine straw burning....not leaves.....heck it is still 89 degrees down here.

I hope you all enjoy your day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so talented Nadine, they will like these pumpkins for sure.
Love you,
Dad