Sunday, September 23, 2007

Relaxing Weekend

We have had a really relaxing weekend, which I have decided was very much needed.
Sarah actually has been gone all weekend with her best friend, Anna. They went to Savannah to visit with Anna's nana, and to do some shopping. Anna has been voted on the Eighth St. Middle School's homecoming court, so she needed to go find a dress for homecoming, in hopes she will be voted "queen". As you can imagine, this is a huge event for any 13 year old girl, and being that they are best friends, it has become a huge event for Sarah as well. She should be home this afternoon. Todd has had to work all weekend from 10-10 each day since he is leaving for his moose hunt on Tuesday, he is having to cram all his work in the last few days before he leaves. So that kinda has left Bailey and I to do our own thing. Yesterday, we cleaned the house and then did some grocery shopping. When we came home, we baked cookies for Todd to take with him on his trip and then had lunch. After we had lunch, Bailey went over to her friend's house. Mary Catherine had decided she wanted her friends to come over and watch Hannah Montana together and then play for a while. So this left me some time to myself....so I actually read a book for a while and then took a nap...which is a rarity for me. I enjoyed it very much and am slowly learning to let the guilt go if I take time for me....I guess that comes with getting older. After I picked up Bailey, we went to the movies and saw Daddy Day Camp. It was a cute movie, and I think Bailey enjoyed having me just to herself. This morning, she woke up and asked if we could have a pj/movie day...just the two of us. So, I decided that God would forgive me for missing church this morning to spend time with my child...at least I hope he will....LOL. So we have sat and watched three movies so far...all kid movies, and I have to say, it is kinda fun not having any adult worries as we snuggle on the couch together. Right now, she has fallen asleep on couch, so I thought I would take a few minutes to post this. If it has been awhile since you have had a pj day, I strongly encourage it....it does good for one's soul.
Please pray for my honey as he travels on Tuesday to northern Quebec. He will leave home at two in the morning on Tuesday to catch a flight out of Jacksonville at 6am to Buffalo. He is being picked up at the airport and heading immediately up to Quebec.....which I think is a 12 hour trip by car to the camp...so he will be very tired when he gets there. Also, keep us in your prayers while he is gone. It is a little unnerving not having any contact with my husband for 10 days. I am so used to talking to him several times a day when he is home, and where he is going, there is no cell service, so it will be hard. It is also hard on the girls, as they miss him when he is gone for more than 12 hours, so 10 days is a long stretch for them. He looks forward to his annual hunting trip so much each year, so I am so glad he is going. He works hard all year and this is the one time he gets to do what he enjoys and I really know he actually relaxes when he is there. Plus he enjoys spending time with his father and brother...it is that male bonding thing!
I hope you enjoy your week. And I will post more later in the week to let you all know how we are managing without Todd.
Hugs to all!

No comments: