Thursday, September 6, 2007

Snacks everywhere!


Hey everyone! Today I worked on snacks for my daughters class for tomorrow. It is a big deal for the kids to be in charge of the snacks for the week and I thought I would make it fun for Bailey to not only take a snack in...which I cut up fruit and made a fruit dip that my friend Beth gave me the recipe for...but I also thought it would be fun for her to give her friends a snack to take home too! Aren't these cute? I just stamped on CD envelopes and then inserted a cookie in each one. Know I didn't make all the cookies too....please....I don't have all that kind of time on my hands, but instead I visited the local Flowers Bakery and bought some bigger cookies that are all individually wrapped. It was very cheap to do these and I think it is way prettier then just a basic cookie. I am already thinking we are going to do these as treats for the shut-ins at our church, and maybe even decorate some in a Halloween motif of some sort for our "trunk or treat" we are having at church this year as well. That is where we all will park our cars in the church parking lot, open up the back of them and hand out treats to all the kids as they walk around from car to car. We live in a neighborhood that is full of elderly people and so we don't get a lot of trick or treaters....we have to improvise for the kids so they still have fun on Halloween. Hope you all are having a great day. Todd just got in from mowing our lawn...which took him 4 hours to do, so I better go make him some lunch. Talk to you all soon.

No comments: