Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Too Cute to be Tacky!



Bailey had "Tacky Day" at school today. This is Homecoming week for Tift County, so her school is celebrating a different way each day this week. She has been so excited to finally have a tacky day like her big sister has at the Middle School. She has had this outfit, if that is what you call it, put out in her room since Friday. She would just giggle and say, "Mama, I know what else I am gonna do...." all weekend. Well, the day finally came and she is just tickled. But the funniest thing is when we pulled up to the school, out of all the kids that got out of the cars in front of us not one was dressed up. Her face was priceless..... She was like, "oh mama, do you think I am the only one? I am so embarassed." I couldn't stop laughing. When she got out, the teachers that were working carpool, told her how cute she looked, but I don't think she felt any better until hopefully she got into school and found some of her friends dressed up as well. When I got home this morning from drop offs, there wasn't any messages on the machine to bring her normal clothes, so I am assuming she did okay. It is moments like that, that just make me laugh and treasure the fun of childhood. I wish sometimes I could have that childlike attitude. Unfortunately, the grown up world tends to rob us of some to that.
Speaking of which, today being Sept. 11th, my heart still aches for the families that lost loved ones six years ago today. One of my high school friends, Margaret Wallier, was one of the casualties of that day, and I still think of her with memories of our laughs and good times in high school. I will never forget my slumber party in 8th grade, where she "licked a deodorant roll on top" on a dare during our truth or dare game. She was the biggest goof ball, and I know she is up in heaven making everyone laugh! So as you all go about your day, say a quick prayer for Margaret's family as well as all the other families who feel the same loss. And also, be sure to pray for all of our soldiers who are protecting us as we enjoy our freedoms daily. Have a great day and I hope you all find your tacky side today and laugh.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As always~Bailey is a class act! I hope that she had an awesome day! Don't you wish we all could just go around all day dressed like that just so people would step out of their "me" world for a minute and just laugh at something silly~I hope I never grow up!

Anonymous said...

I sent a comment and it did not show up....I just wanted to know if my Babydoll had a good day and if she started a new trend? Hope so.
I also said that you, Nadine, should write for the local paper, really nice messages. luv u, mom