Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Just for fun

I got two emails today that are those "getting to know you tags". I think they are fun because you find out silly things about people that you normally wouldn't ask or think about until you see it. I thought it would be fun to post my answers here. The first one is a name game one.

1. YOUR ROCK STAR NAME: (first pet & current car) - Bridget Venture

2.YOUR GANGSTA NAME: (fav ice cream flavor, favorite cookie) Black Raspberry Oreo

3. YOUR “FLY Guy/Girl” NAME: (first initial of first name, first three letters of your last name) NCOO

4. YOUR DETECTIVE NAME: (favorite color, favorite animal) - Green Dog

5. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME: (middle name, city where you were born)- Ann Buffalo

6. YOUR STAR WARS NAME: (the first 3 letters of your last name, first 2 letters of your first) - Coona

7. SUPERHERO NAME: (2nd favorite color, favorite drink put “The”) -The Red Key Lime Cooler

8. NASCAR NAME: (the first names of your grandfathers)- Raymond James

9. STRIPPER NAME : ( the name of your favorite perfume/cologne, favorite candy) - Inis Tootsie Roll

10.WITNESS PROTECTION NAME: (mother’s & father’s middle names ) - Elizabeth Stephen


The second one is more information than you probably want to know.

1. Name 4 places you have worked.
a.) Dental Office-my first job was as a dental assistant. I passed out the first day of work watching an extraction......but I hung in there and actually liked the job.
b.) Bridal Shop- the longest position I have held besides mommyhood. I was a bridal consultant for 8 years. Not as wonderful of a job as everyone thinks....not always a happy job when you are dealing with hormonal brides, disgruntled bridesmaids, overbearing mothers and pushy mother-in-laws...not to mention weight gains from when the dress was ordered and when it comes in and dealing with daddy's checkbook.
c.) JCPenney -I was a human resource clerk. Basically an office job where I processed payroll, commissions etc. I also worked in sales audit there, and enjoyed that because I got to bust employees who were stealing.......the hidden investigator in me.
d.) Preschool teacher - What I am doing now.....I guess it is a natural progression after being an at home mom for so long. This job makes me appreciate my own children, and often makes me question what the world is coming too......ahhhhh!

2. Name 4 places you have lived.
a.) Blasdell, NY - my home....or what I will always consider home. I lived there for most of my childhood through being a senior in high school
b.) Geneseo, NY - my college years.... I liked it there. Beautiful part of NY
c.) Seneca, SC - my "I am getting out on my own years" - Moved here to join Todd and get a taste of living away from home. Hated the small town but loved being with Todd....did a lot of growing emotionally here
d.) Dallas, Ga - my early marriage/mommyhood years....Bought our first home here, and started our family here. We stayed there for 13 years before moving to our present home. Loved the convenience of Atlanta being close and the weather was great there....still got cool in fall and winter.

3. Name 4 places you have been on vacation.
a.) Yellowstone/Colorado/Wyoming- went here in the early 90's. LOVED IT...mountains etc. to die for. Hoping to take the children there some time soon
b.) Bahamas -went here on our first cruise in the late 90's. Loved the cruise, but was very disappointed in the Bahamas....dirty and not what I thought it would be like.
c.) Alaska - went on a cruise here in 2002. LOVED IT....couldn't say enough good about this trip. I would recommend it to everyone. We hope to go back and do the rail and sail which would take us to Denali National Park which we didn't get to do last time.
d.) Keuka Lake, NY- My Happy Place. Spent a majority of my childhood summers here and was able to take my husband and children back there in 2005 and 2006. This is one place that I truly believe God created just for serenity. I love this lake and I love the area. I wish I could live there year round.

4. Name 4 favorite foods.
a.) pizza- preferably from NY but I will eat any pizza I can get my hands on.
b.)shrimp/crab- I don't share my shrimp with anyone. I would prefer to be eating it at a beach bar on the ocean, but beggars can't be choosers.
c.) Roast Beef on Weck- you can only get this in Buffalo and you just have to eat one to understand
d.)subs- from NY and only from NY....haven't even found one to come close in Georgia

5. Name 4 places you would rather be right now.
a.) Keuka Lake -see above
b.) Great Smoky Mountain State Park - sitting by a stream, reading a book, with the leaves falling all around me...you can throw a waterfall in there too if you want to make me completely happy
c.)In the arms of my husband, snuggling in front of a fireplace in a cabin in the mountains....anywhere
d.)With my family....happiness at its best

Okay...enough about me....I want to hear from all of you with these questions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I guess it has been a while since I have been on the blog...I didn't know Sarah was in the School band. Your pictures are adorable, EVERYONE included. Hope Todd is Safe and enjoying his time with his father and Tim. I am also glad Moses is doing much better, great news! I love you, Melissa